Front end issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corupt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So last night I took my Ram into the dealership to get the oil changed and after a few minutes, the tech comes out and says there is an issue with the front end on my Ram. He takes me to the back and with the truck lifted, on the passenger side, he was able to move the front tire back and forth (not turning the tire). So I left my truck at the dealership overnight and they are suppose to start looking into it today. Luckly, I am still under the original bumper-to-bumper warranty.

Anyone else have any similar issues?

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
hmm. bad ball joint or tie rod end? thats what i would guess prob the tie rod end. how many miles you got on the truck?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
No clue what it is but that doesn't sound good. Lol

OP
OP
corupt1

corupt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got a call back later this morning that it was the tie rods and all has been covered under warranty. Not sure if I was part of the tie rod recall, since I didn't receive any notices on that one like I had the other recalls. Honestly didn't learn about the recall until I found this forum, which of course made me join.

As for the movement he showed me, it was a front to back movement. And as for miles, 15,800. Yeah my baby doesn't see a whole lot of miles when you only drive 9 miles round trip a day.