FYI To all, Got Screwed Over.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M_Mac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Worst company ever, basically screwed me over!! So I finally received my bumper 14 weeks later after being told it would be approx. 6 weeks, after having to pay an additional $300 to the shipping company ontop of the $400 I had already paid to get it to my door! And it came missing the bull bar and hardware to mount it! I then had to wait another week to get that! TO then go install it and find out that it doesn't fit because its for a 2012 after I specifically told them a 2013 and even verified again with them a few days after purchase that it would fit. So now Nearly 4 months after I purchased and $2600 I have a nice big piece of scrap metal that wont fit my truck because it wont fit with 2013 grille. Now my option is to pay 700 shipping to send it back to them and another 700 to get a new one and waiting "approx. 6 weeks" to make another one which is out of the question for me, So just a heads up to anyone thinking about buying a Boondock bumper!

J

jub jub

Sorry about your misfortune. Unfortunately, there are companies like that. I always try to research a company I have never done business with before making a major purchase.

Maybe you can recoup some of your loses by putting it in the for sale section.

myoung84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So they sent the wrong bumper and want you to pay shipping both ways to get the right one? That's some great customer service.

WarrenRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
I'll give you $100 for it. Kidding, kidding. That sucks; hate to see such poor customer service for such a pricey item. Thanks for the heads-up. Boondock Bumper, added to the naughty list. By the way, why did you have to pay extra for shipping?

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Not the first time I've heard horror stories like this when it comes to companies shipping bumpers who aren't ARB. Pretty typical for them to fit incorrectly, or for the end buyer to over pay.

You really over paid. A fabricator should of been able to put something similar together for under a grand.

There is a jeep shop by me that builds custom bumpers, rock sliders, everything. 880 out the door is what they told me when I asked about my other vehicle.

Sucks you are stuck with that. I would stop working with them and find a local fabricator to get your situation fixed. Should be able to take the bumper and adjust or make any necessary modifications.

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It is horrible to hear your misfortune, sorry to hear, awlways stressful when it shouldn't be. But the bottom line is they screwed up, so THEY should pay any and all shipping costs to get old one back and get you a proper one. Period!!! I say call them, and see if they come good. If not, well social media does work. Send them a link to this thread and get as many members on here to write a comment or two in responce. It can work. I seem to remember reading a thread on here about Bullydog??? about them charging extra $$ after their programers where bought??? Someone is gonna have to chime in on this more.... But a link was sent to them and low and behold, they changed up their move in a positive way. Smart business's see that one bad handling can lead to many lost sales. Not good for making money. either route won't cost you $$, a call to them and comments here on a public forum.

Just an idea, maybe worth a try.....

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also shows the high level of professionalism sponsers on here show, go out of their way for great service. You only hear super positive comments about guys/companies like Morrie at BAK and Matt at Moe's. and others. Hats off to those guys.:favorites13:

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
if you paid with paypal or with your credit card and you can prove that you specifically ordered a bumper for a 2013 and they sent you a bumper for a 2012, i would file a claim/dispute asap.

on another note, if the grill is the only reason why it doesnt fit, couldnt you just get a 2012 grill instead? it wont make up for the fact that they screwed you over, but at least you would be able to use the bumper you bought instead of it being a total loss.

Crescent1101

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L ECODIESEL
Try to sell it locally if nothing else works. You may be able to recoup some of your funds.

kris319

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is why I love to pay everything with my Amex. If you paid with a credit card I would open a dispute ASAP and file a complaint with BBB.

I would then contact the company and let them know you opened a dispute and filed a complaint. Tell them you are still willing to return it for a refund or exchange but make it clear that since it was their error, they are responsible for the return shipping if they want the bumper back. You lose nothing by playing hardball with them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I would take it to a local fabricator and have them modify it to fit your truck. It would be way less than even shipping one way.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Worst company ever, basically screwed me over!! So I finally received my bumper 14 weeks later after being told it would be approx. 6 weeks, after having to pay an additional $300 to the shipping company ontop of the $400 I had already paid to get it to my door! And it came missing the bull bar and hardware to mount it! I then had to wait another week to get that! TO then go install it and find out that it doesn't fit because its for a 2012 after I specifically told them a 2013 and even verified again with them a few days after purchase that it would fit. So now Nearly 4 months after I purchased and $2600 I have a nice big piece of scrap metal that wont fit my truck because it wont fit with 2013 grille. Now my option is to pay 700 shipping to send it back to them and another 700 to get a new one and waiting "approx. 6 weeks" to make another one which is out of the question for me, So just a heads up to anyone thinking about buying a Boondock bumper!
So which dirt-bag company were you dealing with?

Its seems only fair you should pin the tail on the jack-ass.

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP, appears to be from Ont Canada... if the place you bought it from is from the US, that presents the shipping fees at being so much and why it's such a pain in the a** to return it. Too bad, make them pay, they are at fault, they have to come good. I wouldn't settle for something I have to take to get fabricated to fit, or change my grill, or anything. You paid for something, you should get it.
Give them a polite and level phone call, with the owner. If it doesn't work, try calling your credit card company (if you paid that way) and post up the company name and all of their contact info up here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M_Mac

M_Mac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for all the feedback and support guys, so after completely explaining my experience and frustration to them, and them realizing it was there fault and that I shouldn't have to absorb any of the cost. They have agree to send me the correct bumper within 2 weeks at there expense of shipping and fees, and I can keep the incorrect one the sent me to try and sell off to re coup some of the extra costs I got hit with. I am so thankful for this so as pissed off and frustrated as I am with them, they did end up coming through for me, or are suppose to be. Guess ill find out!

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey thats great news, if indeed it works out as they say, that is stand up. All of the mistakes are a pain, but if they back up their company, you gotta give them some props in the way they handle their business in cases like this.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Thanks for all the feedback and support guys, so after completely explaining my experience and frustration to them, and them realizing it was there fault and that I shouldn't have to absorb any of the cost. They have agree to send me the correct bumper within 2 weeks at there expense of shipping and fees, and I can keep the incorrect one the sent me to try and sell off to re coup some of the extra costs I got hit with. I am so thankful for this so as pissed off and frustrated as I am with them, they did end up coming through for me, or are suppose to be. Guess ill find out!
Woot, woot! A win for customer service! (unless they boot that too). :naughty:

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7

for that shipping price i'm assuming they figure it's not worth the cost to get it back.

what was the extra $300 shipping for? guessing the government got their hands into it at the border? if so you might still have that charge for the new 1 but at least you have the old to get some money back

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye