GM guy about to make the jump... would you buy in at this price?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr.AK902

Reaction score
Ram Year
17'
Engine
Hey fella's,

New guy here, also a member of many other forums. I know traditionally I should be making an introductory post, but I figured I'd get right to the core.

Spent alot of time here browsing as I decided wether I wanted a ram or not, the info here is great!

Anyway, I've been a GM guy since I started driving, other then having had an 04 rumble bee short bed 4X4 in 08 and had 0 issues with it. Have had multiple GM trucks since then and was happy overall, but, there are a whack of small things that I'm sick of with GM, and I'm ready for a change. I looked hard at the new Fords, but the value for the dollar just wasn't there.

The local chrysler dealer has treated me better then i've ever been treated over the last year after negotitating pricing on a few different models. I'm in the process of working out a trade deal with them right now and so far all is going well. I've always liked the looks and styling of the ram inside and out, and the interior layout with the uconnect 8.4 is stellar. This particular sport model I am looking at is an eye catcher with the interior accents annodized to match the body color. Ram's specs will meet all my driving and towing needs, and I'm told by many friends with rams that i should expect better mileage out of this ram with 3.92 gearing, 8 spd, and the hemi.

All that being said, what do you think of this deal on my potential 2017 sport CC in copperhead orange with black out package? Keep in mind this pricing is in $CAD.

Truck MSRP: 65,090.00

Selling price: $49,900

Here's the build sheet, and a few photos.

Build sheet:
https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C6RR7MT0HS724076

Attachments

• addbd31ba7c5edee75613e27c051623cfc5635a9_large.jpg
    addbd31ba7c5edee75613e27c051623cfc5635a9_large.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 402

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Anyway, I've been a GM guy since I started driving

Me too even retired from GM Powertrain back in 2006. I often wonder if GM will again build a truck I want and like. Until then....

Can't help on CAD discounts, don't have any first-hand knowledge.

Welcome and enjoy your RAM.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
GM makes some good products, and I used to drive GM trucks, but Ram wipes the floor with the Silverado IMO. Didn't take long at all to make me a true believer. I am now on my 2nd Ram and have had no issues with either. Moved up to an HD and loving the truck.

You wont regret the 8 speed and 3.92 gears. If youre looking at $16k off, thats a good deal and seems to be a little better even than most. If you like the truck and the dealer, Id say dont hesitate.

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

Will Ram 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I drove nothing but GM trucks since '97 and bought my first Ram 2500 in the Summer of '15 and this is by far my most favorite truck. My dad did the same thing a year before me and he feels the same way.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks like a beauty, Just do it and enjoy. Welcome to the forum

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
I am a GM convert as well,
Finally drove a Ram with an open mind and the Silverado just did not impress me.
the 3.92 gear is the one to get , sharp looking ride

Just do it :)

tncruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
having had anew caddy and a chevy pickup ,this is not hate or sarcasm but I would pay what ever it takes to dump GM
brianj

sriley531

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Another former gm guy here as well. Didn't have any particular reason to jump ship, my last Silverado was stellar (and my dad now drives it and loves it) although I will say the square wheel wells really turn me off. But when it was.time for a new truck, I went more open minded and drove them all. Bang for the buck, ram beat em all. All my buddies still drive bowties, and they all have me crap.....until they drove the ram and put it through it's paces. The don't harass me about it anymore. Oh, and that orange with the blackout package is sharp!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

deltaboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 Hemi 5.7L
I'm also working on a truck that is at $67k MSRP and am at $46k plus taxes. That's pretty much invoice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RumRunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds about right for what you are getting. And it's a great looking truck with plenty of features. I'm sure you will be happy with it.

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Coming from a 94 silverado to a 11 Ram was a huge jump i always had a love for dodge/Ram and to actually be in a position to get one is the best feeling, IMO.... in the wise words of Shia LaBeouf..... JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!208840_1.jpg

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Actually, now that I think about it....Its a horrible deal. Dont do it.

(These crazy deals are driving the value of my 2014 into the dirt)

LumberJakl

Reaction score
Ram Year
'17 Sport QC
Engine
5.7L 4x4
That sounds a great deal. I got a Sport which is only a quad cab (No sunroof and keyless) for $45 , so you getting a Crew Cab and the cool theme for a great price

OP
OP
Mr.AK902

Mr.AK902

Reaction score
Ram Year
17'
Engine
Looks like a beauty, Just do it and enjoy. Welcome to the forum

Thank you, the color and interior blows me away. One of those rare colors that even when it's dirty. it looks great.

I am a GM convert as well,
Finally drove a Ram with an open mind and the Silverado just did not impress me.
the 3.92 gear is the one to get , sharp looking ride

Just do it :)
Just so many small things with GM that have gotten old. Paying top dolar for truck that still to this day has no actual climate system for my family in the rear is rediculous. As i've gotten older, I have alot of value for my dollar. The ram lineup especially in the higher trims offers far more value for my dollar then the competitors do. Very attracted to this line up.

Another former gm guy here as well. Didn't have any particular reason to jump ship, my last Silverado was stellar (and my dad now drives it and loves it) although I will say the square wheel wells really turn me off. But when it was.time for a new truck, I went more open minded and drove them all. Bang for the buck, ram beat em all. All my buddies still drive bowties, and they all have me crap.....until they drove the ram and put it through it's paces. The don't harass me about it anymore. Oh, and that orange with the blackout package is sharp!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Theyve produced a nice powertrain combo.... my curren GM CC with the 6.2 and lift has become somehwat sluggish.....

I think that is a good price I picked up a 2017 Copperhead in Feb in Mississauga Ont I paid 47800 for the truck and love it. I even made up a logo and had a local sign shop add it to the tailgate
That is a beautiful truck, nicest combo they make IMO.

I'm also working on a truck that is at $67k MSRP and am at $46k plus taxes. That's pretty much invoice.
There are some great deals to be had just in this last week. The chrysler dealer that I have been working with is very competitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, now that I think about it....Its a horrible deal. Dont do it.

(These crazy deals are driving the value of my 2014 into the dirt)

That sounds a great deal. I got a Sport which is only a quad cab (No sunroof and keyless) for $45 , so you getting a Crew Cab and the cool theme for a great price
Used truck market is a tough one to by into now and even tougher to sell into. I wouldn't even be considering this new one other then i plan to drive it until the wheels fall off.

OP
OP
Mr.AK902

Mr.AK902

Reaction score
Ram Year
17'
Engine
Dealer contacted me today. They are willing to add front and rear husky liners, my black gatorback mudflaps, and a truxedo lo pro in for the same price. They will deliver to my door from there dealership 3.5 hours away and pick up my trade. I sign papers at my door and accept keys. We will see what monday brings.......