GM guy about to make the jump... would you buy in at this price?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm averaging 12-13 in town and 15-16 on the highway (MPG) but moving the big tires on the Rebel takes a bit more....along with my intake and exhaust...can't keep my foot out of the 400HP Hemi pedal :)

OP
OP
Mr.AK902

Mr.AK902

Reaction score
Ram Year
17'
Engine
I'm averaging 12-13 in town and 15-16 on the highway (MPG) but moving the big tires on the Rebel takes a bit more....along with my intake and exhaust...can't keep my foot out of the 400HP Hemi pedal :)

driving with conservation in mind is always a challenge :)

OP
OP
Mr.AK902

Mr.AK902

Reaction score
Ram Year
17'
Engine
I'm coming up on 40,000 Km's now with this truck, and will be at 2 years of ownership this coming May. Absolutely 0 complaints, I am here to stay with Ram :)

I plan to keep it until it's paid off, at which point I will likely be trading in on a 5th Gen HD for my business. By that time, we should be big enough that I'll need it and the timing will be right. Thank you all for convincing me to go this route. It really has been a great truck.

never-enough

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad you’ve been enjoying the purchase..

I have 5 friends that have bought a Ram in the last two years, most of them came from GM too. The bang for the buck with the Ram can’t be beat, on top of the fact that they are building a really nice truck.

Craw

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Trucks from Canada are built pretty well been driving mine since 37k miles now I am at 60k. Love my truck. HD means the 2500 right? I never driven one but man I want to!

WaterBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie CC2500 Black Edition
Engine
I'm coming up on 40,000 Km's now with this truck, and will be at 2 years of ownership this coming May. Absolutely 0 complaints, I am here to stay with Ram :)

I plan to keep it until it's paid off, at which point I will likely be trading in on a 5th Gen HD for my business. By that time, we should be big enough that I'll need it and the timing will be right. Thank you all for convincing me to go this route. It really has been a great truck.
Bought my 2500 Laramie new in December 2014. Was pretty much exclusively GM before that.

I have zero complaints as well. It has been a reliable and comfortable truck in every aspect. I couldn't be happier.

I'm glad I took the time to look around at other brands and finally took the blinders off!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

GMcD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I upgraded from a 2014 Silverado to a 2016 Ram 1500 (same size truck, same trim level) about 2 months ago and im am very happy i made the switch. Sure, GM does a few things better but overall Ram is just a better truck

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
Trucks from Canada are built pretty well been driving mine since 37k miles now I am at 60k. Love my truck. HD means the 2500 right? I never driven one but man I want to!

Heavy Duty = 2500 or 3500

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Drive the 5.3 with either tranny and then drive the 5.7 with the 8 speed. There is no comparison. I learned this in 2011 when I traded my 2009 Silverado...and I haven’t looked back since. In fact, I have a friend who was on the fence last week so I took him to the local dealer who has a Ram dealership right across the street from their GM dealership. I had him drive the Ram first and then we walked across the street to the GM dealer for him to test drive a GMC Sierra 1500. Needless to say, he purchased the new 2018 Ram...said the 5.3 felt gutless after driving the 5.7.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mr.AK902

Mr.AK902

Reaction score
Ram Year
17'
Engine
Glad you’ve been enjoying the purchase..

I have 5 friends that have bought a Ram in the last two years, most of them came from GM too. The bang for the buck with the Ram can’t be beat, on top of the fact that they are building a really nice truck.

I couldn't agree more, the bang for your dollar is LARGE when you compare Ram to Ford and GM in a 4th Gen truck. I got down to every last detail and did everything possible to lower the price on the closest contender at the time, and Ram still blew it out of the water. I really enjoy getting a quality product that puts value use and a smile in the consumers world. That is becoming far a few in between these days....

I hear this more and more from folks south of the border. The last few years here, and while our CAD $ has been weak, there has been a craze nation wide for our trucks heading south. Many dealers that have received trades have been sending them to the US by the truck load, some used lots even specialize in it. Lots of guys selling there trucks privately hiring export companies to market there trucks in the US.

It gives US buyers a steal of a deal, and gives us Canadian sellers top dollar. Matter of fact, I can recall reading online somewhere how in some states, used Canadian trucks are somewhat "sought after" ?

Bought my 2500 Laramie new in December 2014. Was pretty much exclusively GM before that.

I have zero complaints as well. It has been a reliable and comfortable truck in every aspect. I couldn't be happier.

I'm glad I took the time to look around at other brands and finally took the blinders off!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Same here, was strictly GM all my life. 5.3's, two 6.2's and a 6.6 Duramax. I was nervous to switch, but I sure am glad I did now.

I upgraded from a 2014 Silverado to a 2016 Ram 1500 (same size truck, same trim level) about 2 months ago and im am very happy i made the switch. Sure, GM does a few things better but overall Ram is just a better truck

Agreed, there isn't a single thing I miss from GM over Ram, other then the location of the windshield nozzles and that's it lol.

Slevin

Reaction score
Why do trucks have so much brand loyalty? People need to take the year into account. Chevy's were great pre-2006. RAMs are great post 2012. Fords post 2015.

When I was shopping I was open to any brand. I didn't blindly choose RAM because I felt some sort of commitment. I liked the way it drove, the price, and the tech. The Chevy's still felt a generation behind and the Ford's were too expensive.

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
For what it's worth, I'm seeing a *lot* more Rams out here in my neck of the woods (when I first bought mine, I did a decidedly unscientific poll in my local Facebook page, and it was a 30-30-40 split, with Ford being the "40%".)

Not so much anymore...

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Only GM product I've owned was an 85 Camaro when I was 16. Got a 2001 Ram that I kept for 10 years. Traded it for my 2015. Got the wife a 2016 Journey but she liked my truck so much we traded it for a 2016 Ram as well. 4th gen his and hers in the driveway with maxcare lifetime warranty on both.

moparlunatic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why do trucks have so much brand loyalty? People need to take the year into account. Chevy's were great pre-2006. RAMs are great post 2012. Fords post 2015.

When I was shopping I was open to any brand. I didn't blindly choose RAM because I felt some sort of commitment. I liked the way it drove, the price, and the tech. The Chevy's still felt a generation behind and the Ford's were too expensive.
This is exactly what I was thinking when I bought two months ago. I've had GM for years. I was in the market for an F150. Looked at them for 6months, researched which motor ,trim level, models etc. Found my Ram and changed plans, no regrets.

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am a GM driver now with two of them. I am going to sell both once the 2005 is paid off and get a 2017 or 2019 blacked out express. I am done with GM cause of the looks and the interiors having moved away from common sense. Hoping to get the 3.92 and 8 speed auto. Going to buy used to keep my total cost down...don't wanna break the streak, never bought new since my first vehicle in 1973. Tradition yanno.

I have always thought the Ram was the best looking of the trucks since they brought out the 2010. I found some 17s with only a few miles on them for around $26k and even a 2019 for $29k. None of them had more than 5000 miles on them. Dealer demos I guess.