Gonna swap 2015, for a 2015...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
a few months ago my 24 year old pregnant sister had a brain aneurysm when she was 5 months along. She survived and had her healthy baby and she is finally out of the hospital and now living at my fathers house with her newborn baby ( baby's father is out of the picture ) so it has become a pretty big team effort by my family to all work together to make sure both my sister and my niece get round the clock care so we are all making alterations to our lives to make this happen. I currently have a 2015 RCSB black package 5.7 that i cant put a car seat in. I plan to trade my truck in and get a 2015 pretty much exactly the same but just crewcab and white. there are still 2015's on the local lots running in the $29-30k range that i would like to take advantage of i dont care that its not a 2016. what i want to know is, is it possible to have the 8.4 radio and center console put in an express at the dealership? if im financing another truck i may be in the hole slightly ( although i actually have a little bit of positive equity in my current ram ) and i might as well make sure the truck is exactly to my liking as i may have it for longer than i like to keep vehicles. i thought about maybe a sport but for another $10k i dont think its worth it, plus i dont care for the chrome thats on it. Also i have a 2" mcgaughys rear spring drop that i would like to swap, will it work on the crewcab? i know my other mods like exhaust tips and vararam will swap. I also have a BNIB maxtrac level kit with bilstein shocks i would like to be able to use on the new truck. any help would be awesome.

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't think the dealership will do the swap they can get the parts and all but it's going to be pricey.
If you don't want to go the next trim up big horn or sport, best bet is just getting the express and make the upgrades yourself.
But best advice if you want the little extras I would go the next trim up and get the extras you want without having to mod your truck cause it can get expensive and once you start it's hard to stop
Good luck

OP
OP
R

Ryan1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
I don't think the dealership will do the swap they can get the parts and all but it's going to be pricey.
If you don't want to go the next trim up big horn or sport, best bet is just getting the express and make the upgrades yourself.
But best advice if you want the little extras I would go the next trim up and get the extras you want without having to mod your truck cause it can get expensive and once you start it's hard to stop
Good luck

yeah... i like the idea of a center console and the 8.4 stereo and upgraded gauge cluster but for $10k more i dont know if its worth it. i have the 5.0 radio now and jump seat i guess i could deal with it i just figured if i was gonna swap trucks maybe i could get the nicer stuff while i was at it.

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Go to your favorite dealership and tell them straight up if they want a sale, you want a friends and family deal or you move on. With friends and family you pay cost and they have to show you the vehicle invoice, i have done this with my last 2 trucks

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Ryan1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Go to your favorite dealership and tell them straight up if they want a sale, you want a friends and family deal or you move on. With friends and family you pay cost and they have to show you the vehicle invoice, i have done this with my last 2 trucks

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

i was gonna try something like this, ontop of buying a second time buyer. they gave me a killer deal on my 2008 silverado crewcab i traded it it almost blew me away when they offered me $5k more than anyone else.

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
You can do the 8.4 ra4 swap for 6-700 yourself. It's not hard.

You can also to the console swap yourself but I don't know how much it runs. I know sometimes seats and such has consoles for sale but you can find them cheaper on carparts.Com

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yeah... i like the idea of a center console and the 8.4 stereo and upgraded gauge cluster but for $10k more i dont know if its worth it. i have the 5.0 radio now and jump seat i guess i could deal with it i just figured if i was gonna swap trucks maybe i could get the nicer stuff while i was at it.

You have to get a good deal with the dealership.
When I bought my 2015 I wanted the extras so I worked out a deal I got all the extras for the price of an express.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just bought a leftover 2015 bighorn and got it at invoice minus incentives, and incentives are good on 2015s. I got around 11k off msrp of 47k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hrazz7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My advice to keep it a little less pricey would be to get the radio from the dealership because it will be the best price in the end. If you do that mod by yourself and want nav you will still have to go to the dealership. I have seen center consoles installed personally for cheap. Many people on here would trade you their center console for your bench seat!

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
My advice to keep it a little less pricey would be to get the radio from the dealership because it will be the best price in the end. If you do that mod by yourself and want nav you will still have to go to the dealership. I have seen center consoles installed personally for cheap. Many people on here would trade you their center console for your bench seat!

I went from the ra2 to the ra4 with nav without going to the dealership

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
sounds like you may want an SLT then. you could always paint the chrome bumpers to match the truck.

Mopar1987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm sorry to hear about your sister. I'm glad everyone is doing good. It is nice to see someone going to such lengths to accommodate family.

OP
OP
R

Ryan1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
You can do the 8.4 ra4 swap for 6-700 yourself. It's not hard.

You can also to the console swap yourself but I don't know how much it runs. I know sometimes seats and such has consoles for sale but you can find them cheaper on carparts.Com

yes i have seen people do the swaps themselves, and i read the entire do it yourself. I am also no stranger the the car audio / electronic world so i am capable of doing it. i just like the idea of it being factory and not having to mess with it.

I just bought a leftover 2015 bighorn and got it at invoice minus incentives, and incentives are good on 2015s. I got around 11k off msrp of 47k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hopefully i can get as good of a deal. im in hawaii for work for another month or two hopefully there are still a few trucks left around san diego when i get home.

i dont even care for the navigation or not just as long as its the 8.4, and if i could swap straight up jump seat for console i would be pumped!

OP
OP
R

Ryan1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
I went from the ra2 to the ra4 with nav without going to the dealership

about how much out of pocket where you and how long did it take?

i have read through this numerous times as i thought about doing it in my RCSB but certain things i couldnt make sense of.

sounds like you may want an SLT then. you could always paint the chrome bumpers to match the truck.

i have been through this nightmare before with my 2008 silverado CCSB. Most places wont warranty the paint because its over chrome, some shops wont even touch it. I had to go to a junk yard and get W/T bumpers which werent easy to find in good shape and then have them painted.

I'm sorry to hear about your sister. I'm glad everyone is doing good. It is nice to see someone going to such lengths to accommodate family.

when life gives you lemons.... My family refuses to let this ruin her life. My dad is 5 years from retirement and now is taking care of a premature newborn as if she was his own, and takes care of my sister and works a 40hr job, so me, my older sister, my gf, and my extended family do all we can, so by me getting a crewcab i can safely get my sister and niece around to appointments and whatever errands she needs to run. It could even be years before she is able to do things on her own and go back to work. As of right now her short term memory is cleared every time she sleeps, ever seen the movie 50 first dates?

MJG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
get the chrome bumpers powdercoated. It will hold up better than paint on a chrome surface

OP
OP
R

Ryan1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
get the chrome bumpers powdercoated. It will hold up better than paint on a chrome surface

it may be easier to just get an express and do the interior upgrades because those i can do myself.