Grease transaxle and driveshaft on 1500s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamInfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Ran across a couple of youtubes on using a needle attachment to grease the large ujoint on the front transaxle of the 2500/3500 trucks, and also on greasing the joint at the front of the rear driveshaft on those trucks. Are these same grease points present on the 1500 trucks? Or are there other grease points that should be hit at every oil change? And do the dealer techs automatically hit the grease points as part of a routine oil change?

Thx,

DG

OP
OP
R

RamInfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
:)

:hmm: Pulling up my truck by VIN in the UCONNECT app and looking at the maintenance section, it lists greasing the front of the driveshaft as a required procedure at each oil change. Without a pit or a lift that joint is a PITA to get at and I'm not confident that the dealer techs consider it a must-do, even if asked about it...

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
:)

:hmm: Pulling up my truck by VIN in the UCONNECT app and looking at the maintenance section, it lists greasing the front of the driveshaft as a required procedure at each oil change. Without a pit or a lift that joint is a PITA to get at and I'm not confident that the dealer techs consider it a must-do, even if asked about it...

For the 2500/3500's that have it, not that hard getting access to it without a lift. Just need to floor jack the left front tire off the ground and one can crawl under it and rotate the drive shaft into position and grease it with no problem. I and many other have done it this way with no problems.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
transaxle ??? I thought those were on front wheel drive cars.......we have front diffs & front axle u-joints