Head Orange vs Ignition Orange?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DanR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Edit - Title should say HEADER Orange lol

Hi guys,

Well, my baby picked up her first paint chip... :flame:

Was leaving the cottage and at the edge of the road to turn on to a country highway and as the car I was waiting to pass through sped by me, BANG on the driver side passenger door. I didn't even have to look to know... I guess they kicked up a rock and it flew out and smacked the truck... talk about crap timing.

Pull in to the town gas station to fuel up before heading home and sure enough, right in the middle of the door a nice paint chip.

Anyhow, going with the Dr Colorchip paint (I have the kit from my last truck, just going to get the right color) and I have color code PL4, which is not isted on their site. So in the form, they ask for the color code and color name, so I dug around to find out the exact name... Why do some sites list this color as Ignition Orange and some Header Orange? I called my dealer and they called it Header Orange but I found a bunch of sites calling it Ignition Orange. Are they essentially the exact same thing? Don't want to get the wrong shade of orange from DrCC.

Thanks!
Dan

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Can't help too much on the color discrepancy but did you ask the dealer if they could order you touch up paint? That should at least remove the variable or provide some "support" if they end up giving you the wrong color.

Automotive Touchup gives a color code of KL4 for header orange

2017 Dodge All Models Colors of Touch Up Paint

OP
OP
DanR

DanR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can't help too much on the color discrepancy but did you ask the dealer if they could order you touch up paint? That should at least remove the variable or provide some "support" if they end up giving you the wrong color.

Automotive Touchup gives a color code of KL4 for header orange

2017 Dodge All Models Colors of Touch Up Paint

That's really weird, PL4 is not even listed on that link you provided, but that's definitely what it says, I have the photo of the door sticker right here on my phone.

Header Orange L4/PL4 Touch Up Paint for 2017 Dodge Ram Series - PaintScratch.com

So maybe the L4 is the key?

Here they call it Crush Orange:

https://colorndrive.com/en/touch-up-paint/dodge-ram-crush-orange-pl4,34340/details

Header orange: https://www.amazon.com/HEADER-ORANGE-CLEAR-DODGE-MOPAR/dp/B006CIXMVS

And here's one that says it's ignition orange: All Ram 1500 Colors | GTCarLot.com

And they all say for 2017. Very confusing lol!

Ammonia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would just go to the dealer and get the Mopar touch up. It is actually a 2 part touch up. paint in 1 half, clear in the other.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought PL4 touch up on Ebay. On my 2012 Jeep Wrangler it was called " Crush " like in orange crush . Its been around for a real long time. .

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956