Help a brother out!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THRASHER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
I'm looking to trade my 2010 GMC Sierra in and get a new dodge... anyone got any tips on how to get the best deal possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
OP
T

THRASHER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
I have googled it, everyone has there own tips and tricks that they use, just asking what they are...don't have any then please don't comment, just move along...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
If it were me.....I would sell my truck to a private party so you get the maximum amount of profit out of it. Then go to the dealership, dont be to overly interested, and start looking around. At no point in time would I mention I have money to put down on a vehicle, they are gonna ask you several times. Get them down to the rock bottom price, then walk away. Trust me...they will call you back. After a price is agreed upon and you sit down in the finance office....hand over the money that you want to put on the truck and watch the finance guy/girls face. Thats how I've always done it. Its worked well for me in the past.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
Good advice Bailey. Thrasher, I don't think he was being a smartass when he said "let me google that for you". I think that was just a humerous way of telling you to google it. THAT was his comment and advice. Actually very sound advice. I always google stuff. My wife and kids get tired of me always saying "Google It!!!!". LOL. That guy was just trying to help buddy. And welcome to the forum. You will love it if you stay. Also if you get a deal between two different dealers going they will compete for the sale. That, and Baileys advice will probably get you a good deal on a Ram. Good luck.

TXKID

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you're gonna be an ******* about it take it somewhere else. We try and keep conflict out of here.

If you're lookin to deal though just find a salesman you like and do the same thing you did when you bought the gmc.

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
First get the price you want without mentioning trades, money down or monthly payments. Then talk only trade in price. Put the two together after thy and work on not from there. Do that to two or more dealers and make them compete. Have them put quotes in writing and bring it to the other dealers. By no means should you give them amounts of money you have or time you'd like to have the vehicle by. Remember that aftermarket mods on your GMC will not get you a return on your investment. No one cares about your upgrades or mods.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Easy guys, he didn't respond in a rude manner. Lets keep this nice and helpful.

If your not big on fancy leather and touch screens, Dodge/Ram offer express kits. Basically all the truck power, room and basics you need, with a pretty low price.

SirGeorgeKillian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sell your truck outright. No matter how much over trade in value the dealer says they are giving you for a trade in, they tack that on somewhere else. Or negotiate the price as if you were not trading anything in before bringing your GMC to the table. Find a new 2012, you will get the best deal on that. And most importantly, be prepared to walk away. You will get a call back, and it will be a better deal.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As stated above, be prepared to walk away.
We were driving out of the lot after being told they could not sell us a truck at the price I wanted, the sales manager who I was a complete **** to, RAN out the front door to flag us down, gave me his personal card and when we went back the next day during my lunch hour he gave a written quote for that price.

NO tool is as powerful as walking away.

Ike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
All the above is very good advice. What worked for me was knowing what I wanted and what I wanted to spend. Went to my Credit Union and got pre-approved for x amount and when I found the truck I made an offer, I made it clear I would be bringing my own money, no financing required. (so its like a cash deal for them) sold my trade to Car Max, so no arguing over that, I got what I wanted. Agreed on an out the door price (8K under MSRP tax included) and brought them a check. Done.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Went looking for my son a car this weekend, wanted to pay cash. Test drove a Honda...price was, well, ok, not good...so i didnt insult the dealership, just said $5000 cash..."well we cant do that, how about $5900 plus a $198 DOC fee..?"

Nah, $5000 out the door cash..., they come back with well, what about $5700, plus DOC...I get up and walk out.
Then he follows me says ok, $5000...i said I will look more, if I want it I will be back. Point is, be willing to walk out like all has mentioned.
YOU have plenty of options, they don't.

BYW, son picked up a mint 2007 White Charger. :D

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01