Help getting true mileage read

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

almst791

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How to check true mileage

Odometer has been replaced with upgraded cluster. Need true mileage. anyway to get this info?:crazy:

Thanks

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Plug your old cluster in and get the mileage. Unless you drove with the new cluster in already. If you did but you know what the mileage was on the new cluster when you got it you can see where you are at now and subtract the new clusters original number from there and then just add that to the original when you plug it back in. Otherwise you will have to have a dealer pull it from the BCM which could lead to warranty issues/odometer fraud with the DMV. You can get your new cluster reprogrammed at TV and Nav to go out of New York

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

almst791

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Plug your old cluster in and get the mileage. Unless you drove with the new cluster in already. If you did but you know what the mileage was on the new cluster when you got it you can see where you are at now and subtract the new clusters original number from there and then just add that to the original when you plug it back in. Otherwise you will have to have a dealer pull it from the BCM which could lead to warranty issues/odometer fraud with the DMV. You can get your new cluster reprogrammed at TV and Nav to go out of New York

**** ... I sold old cluster.... was appx 2.5k less on old cluster, ebay posting has expired, really have no proof of actual mileage now...:flame:

OP
OP
A

almst791

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi all, bought truck last year (2014 Express). Replaced gauge cluster and I know the new cluster I bought had 2 to 3k miles more than my original. I then sold my original and cannot remember where I wrote down my real mileage for the life of me. The Ebay posting expired so I cannot look at that. I want to sell the truck and this is causing a huge issue for me, can a garage pull these numbers using OBD input????? Anyone have any ideas? Or can I buy a tool to view true mileage, or did all mileage info go with my cluster.....:893karatesmiley-thu

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Why did you start another thread on this? I already answered this for you in your other post I'll reiterate ....Dealer can pull it from your BCM. You can't pull it with your OBD scanner

OP
OP
A

almst791

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Why did you start another thread on this? I already answered this for you in your other post I'll reiterate ....Dealer can pull it from your BCM. You can't pull it with your OBD scanner

I honestly do not know what BCM is. Any tool I can buy to do this home or is this only supported at dodge dealership

dan1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I honestly do not know what BCM is. Any tool I can buy to do this home or is this only supported at dodge dealership

LMGTFY

This should answer the BCM question.
And as the fella above stated, I believe you must go to the dealer. It is not something you can pull for yourself at home. If you have a nice dealership, they likely wont charge you to pull mileage but that all depends on where you are/who (or how) you ask

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
L et M e G et T hat F or Y ou ...... :Big Laugh:

GRB60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e-torque
I think it's a violation of federal law to swap a cluster without doing paperwork to record the actual mileage. It needs to be done by a certified shop and the title to the vehicle will be branded to reflect that the actual mileage differs from that of the odometer. The best way to do it is to have the new cluster reflect the exact mileage from the old.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I think it's a violation of federal law to swap a cluster without doing paperwork to record the actual mileage. It needs to be done by a certified shop and the title to the vehicle will be branded to reflect that the actual mileage differs from that of the odometer. The best way to do it is to have the new cluster reflect the exact mileage from the old.

no, its only a violation of federal law if you don't disclose that the mileage shown on the cluster is not accurate for the vehicle and sell the vehicle as such. its in your best interest to document the cluster swap and mileage discrepancy or re-program the cluster to reflect the correct mileage.