Help new member with negotiations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

didithepest

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Night
Engine
Hello,

First time posting but been lurking around for month learning the platform. I am currently deployed and been trying to get a feel on what everyone been buying their truck for. The truck I been looking at been seating at the lot since I arrived here at my undisclosed location (5 month). Now I am heading back home and want to see how much off I can get off this truck.
New 2017 Ram 1500 Night For Sale | Kingston NY | VIN: 1C6RR7UT9HS620041 the dealer already applied there discount and with the rebate it come down to a pretty good price. How much more you think I can get down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marine6212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hello,

First time posting but been lurking around for month learning the platform. I am currently deployed and been trying to get a feel on what everyone been buying their truck for. The truck I been looking at been seating at the lot since I arrived here at my undisclosed location (5 month). Now I am heading back home and want to see how much off I can get off this truck.
New 2017 Ram 1500 Night For Sale | Kingston NY | VIN: 1C6RR7UT9HS620041 the dealer already applied there discount and with the rebate it come down to a pretty good price. How much more you think I can get down

if your deployed, I would talk to the DOD mafia. (AAFES? ) back in the early 90's when I was deploying they were like vultures trying to get you to buy a new vehicle, and it would be at your house when you returned!

I seem to remember that it was 5% over build cost and no sales tax or any other fees!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
didithepest

didithepest

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Night
Engine
if your deployed, I would talk to the DOD mafia. (AAFES? ) back in the early 90's when I was deploying they were like vultures trying to get you to buy a new vehicle, and it would be at your house when you returned!

I seem to remember that it was 5% over build cost and no sales tax or any other fees!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thanks brother. I already went through them and because is a new build and not buying a left over stock in my spec the discount is pretty much the same as if I go through USAA car program. After reading the thread the previous member quoted. It's will all depend on bad they want to sell me the truck for.

OP
OP
didithepest

didithepest

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Night
Engine
I bet there is 4 grand yet to be saved.

That is what I am hoping for. So far what I gathered , I can possibly get around 15k from MSRP. I know I am going to take a hit on the trade. But I refused for them to make money on both deal when I be taking a loss. I don't need the truck per say right away. But is the only one available within reason. Don't want to drive 3 hours away without having a confirmed deal

MXM34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Call Dennis Dillon in Idaho, get a build and order quote, and use that to negotiate locally. Got me over 23% off MSRP from my local. And this is on a build and order. Not an in stock or left over unit.

OP
OP
didithepest

didithepest

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Night
Engine
Call Dennis Dillon in Idaho, get a build and order quote, and use that to negotiate locally. Got me over 23% off MSRP from my local. And this is on a build and order. Not an in stock or left over unit.

That is a good move. Let see if I can call from over here

MXM34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is a good move. Let see if I can call from over here

Actually this can be done via email as well. Then you have it in writing showing exact options and pricing.

Chigurh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would recommend the Dennis Dillon number plus whatever it would cost you to go to Idaho and pick up the truck.

OP
OP
didithepest

didithepest

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Night
Engine
I would recommend the Dennis Dillon number plus whatever it would cost you to go to Idaho and pick up the truck.

Thank you for all the support. I have already reached out to them via email. Hopefully I get a response quick.

MXM34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you for all the support. I have already reached out to them via email. Hopefully I get a response quick.

Keep us posted bro. Love to hear how this turns out.

OP
OP
didithepest

didithepest

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Night
Engine
Keep us posted bro. Love to hear how this turns out.

So long and behold. One of my troops wife works for a Ram dealership and was able to land me a sweet deal ( well for me at least ) on a ordered Ram Night . I am currently still over seas and we were able to this all via text.

Unfortunately because I was trading in a car , I can only used Dillon quote as leverage compare to just buying from them. Dillon did quoted me around 600 less than troop dealership but they also are giving me top dollar for my trade that I will accept. There was no negotiable on the trade and they just gave me a straight number of the back that I wasn't even thinking about. So in all I am happy with this deal.

The dealership try to do a swap with several dealership for the specific sport configured truck that I wanted but no one was willing to let them go. I ended up just ordering one from factory.

Now the wait begins - I was told 6 to 8 weeks ?

Now looking for a cover for the ram box

OP
OP
didithepest

didithepest

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Night
Engine
Thank you guys for al the help. Picked her up today a month early. Custom order by me
02191f85c3ea742bd68c5452e4f97858.jpg
c7721b5e3521ee9b3f79f5761a4aacf7.jpg
be3b202cfb9b6937fe615e0dae3c1b69.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Man that looks sharp. I'm a sucker for the black and white color combo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
austmurr