Helwig rear sway bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sickboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck came without a rear sway bar. i was planning on getting the Helwig one. What additional parts do i need to install it? oh yeah, it is stock height.

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You need the end link rods.
The Hellwig sway bar comes just with bolts and brackets.

From Hellwig Website:

Vehicles not equipped with rear sway bar requires 7961 end link kit.

OP
OP
S

sickboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You need the end link rods.
The Hellwig sway bar comes just with bolts and brackets.

From Hellwig Website:

Vehicles not equipped with rear sway bar requires 7961 end link kit.

thanks. i saw that, but p/n 7961 doesn't come up on their site. lol.

jag1886

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 5.7 S&B CAI, flowmaster merge collector, Gibson cat back, oil catch can, 87
I think you can buy the OE ones for a lot less than $90.

VegasDragger45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My truck came without a rear sway bar. i was planning on getting the Helwig one. What additional parts do i need to install it? oh yeah, it is stock height.

I have my stock rear swaybar end links that I took off my truck. Send me a message

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Not to hijack the tread, but if you are replacing a stock rear sway bar with an aftermarket one like the hellwig, there is no need to change the stock links, correct?

jettajam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2019
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With the Hellwig, that's correct, it bolts right up. Although, I'd check the bushings on your stock links and inspect for any cracking and replace as necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VegasDragger45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not to hijack the tread, but if you are replacing a stock rear sway bar with an aftermarket one like the hellwig, there is no need to change the stock links, correct?

Correct unless you have lifted the vehicle then you want the adjustable links to allow for the additional height

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine

Well the Hellwigs are stronger and thicker than the stock. Is it worth probably not unless you are auto'xing the truck.

With the Hellwig, that's correct, it bolts right up. Although, I'd check the bushings on your stock links and inspect for any cracking and replace as necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it bolts in like stock. It is also adjustable too. Which a very cool feature.