Hidden features?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Damn mine must be broken. I have all my presets on XM and all the other bands set but that button doesn't do anything in my truck. Tried it earlier today after re-reading this thread.

It must be. Works the same on my '12 as it did on my '09 and on the wife's Durango.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I can't find the mirrors in reverse feature so I assume I don't have it?

I have it on Laramie which I suppose back then one highest trim before the Longhorn and Limited came along so they did crazy little things like that as a bonus.

$miley

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Guess that doesn't include aftermarket remote start?

Got the windows to work with the un-lock feature. AWESOME!!!

No it does not I have both installed and it will only do that with factory installed one. When I use the Autostart or Smartstart one it just does whatever I set climate control to last.

$miley

Haserot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Although I read my manual, this is still a great thread.

Just tried the extending visor trick yesterday. Sweet...:headbang:

Not sure if this is that secret or hidden: Your key fob has a key in it.

OP
OP
dmclone

dmclone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there a way to turn down the brightness of the dash?

Haserot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Is there a way to turn down the brightness of the dash?

The horizontal dial under the headlight switch, to the right of the cargo light button. Dial to the left for dimmer, right for brighter. All the way right until it clicks turns on the cab lights.

OP
OP
dmclone

dmclone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The horizontal dial under the headlight switch, to the right of the cargo light button. Dial to the left for dimmer, right for brighter. All the way right until it clicks turns on the cab lights.

I'm an idiot. Thanks

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
The mirrors going down option does nothing but infuriate me. I turned it off on our Enclave. Great, I can see the rear wheel, but I can see NOTHING else. That's a big help. NOT!

I'd like to drive mine so I can find these things. lol

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Is there a way to dim the dash board while you're parked with the truck running? The only way I can make them dim is to turn on the parking lights or regular lights. For example, I went to pick someone up downtown Nashville the other day and it was raining. So I left the truck running to have AC since its too hot to have nothing and raining so the windows had to be up, all while I was parked on the side of the street waiting. I didn't want to draw attention to myself by having my lights on, but when I turn them off the dash lights go as bright as ever. My Wrangler didn't do this. Do y'all know how to do it in the Ram?

Haserot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Is there a way to dim the dash board while you're parked with the truck running? The only way I can make them dim is to turn on the parking lights or regular lights. For example, I went to pick someone up downtown Nashville the other day and it was raining. So I left the truck running to have AC since its too hot to have nothing and raining so the windows had to be up, all while I was parked on the side of the street waiting. I didn't want to draw attention to myself by having my lights on, but when I turn them off the dash lights go as bright as ever. My Wrangler didn't do this. Do y'all know how to do it in the Ram?

:Rock on:

jasf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have twice now rolled down the windows & popped the moonroof in my wife's Fusion from my pocket. Glad that my truck doesn't have this "feature".

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I have twice now rolled down the windows & popped the moonroof in my wife's Fusion from my pocket. Glad that my truck doesn't have this "feature".

Same thing happened to me with my '09. I had a habit of starting my truck while in the office on hot summer days until one day I walked out and found the windows rolled down. It took me 30 minutes to figure out what happened. That was the last time for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm glad the window trick isn't that sensitive on my truck! I really have to try to get the windows to go down.

Sharp Charge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On my '12, there is a button labeled "replay" on the satellite radio screen. Not sure if it on the '13+ or not....

JP011_006PA.jpg

Also, if you hit that little star with the note button, you'll save the song to your favorites. If it plays on any channel, a notification will pop up, hit the listen button and it'll tune right to it.

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Also, if you hit that little star with the note button, you'll save the song to your favorites. If it plays on any channel, a notification will pop up, hit the listen button and it'll tune right to it.

That's one of my favorite features, I use it all the time!

Dale_K

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wish there was a hidden feature to get a digital speedometer in the EVIC on my 2012. There actually WAS a hidden feature to do just that on my old 300C. You pressed two buttons on the steering wheel and it put the EVIC into a diagnostic mode and one of the pages was a speedometer. It would even remember it after you cut off the car so that you didn't have to fool with it every time you went for a drive.

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I wish there was a hidden feature to get a digital speedometer in the EVIC on my 2012. There actually WAS a hidden feature to do just that on my old 300C. You pressed two buttons on the steering wheel and it put the EVIC into a diagnostic mode and one of the pages was a speedometer. It would even remember it after you cut off the car so that you didn't have to fool with it every time you went for a drive.

Our '12 Durango has this but my '12 RAM does not. It seems strange that it is not on the RAMS.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye