Horrible Vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2011Ram1500DOwens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2011 Ram 1500 quad cab, 4.7, 67K miles. New Tires about 3-4 months ago with an alignment. and a rebalance about 3 weeks ago, maybe a little longer. Buy a Ram dealer. Still has a horrible vibration, notice it really bad between 55-75mph, can feel it in the steering wheel, and then you can't hardly look at a mirror without almost getting nauseous. Any suggestions? Have somebody else look at it?

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you have a lift or a level ?

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
4x4 or 2wd

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you have vibes befor the new tires

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
One or more of the tires could be out of round or you may have thrown a weight after they were balanced. Re-balance and have them rotated and check front suspension to see if anything is loose.
Jay

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
2wd, no lift. I didn't notice it prior to the new tires

Who installed the tires and is warrantying them? Sounds like they need to road force balanced.

Even with a road force balance, they may still be bad. I went through 2 sets of BFG's on an older truck to get the shimmy and shake out of it. Sometimes a crap lot of tires make it out the plant.

Good luck.

OP
OP

2011Ram1500DOwens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Who installed the tires and is warrantying them? Sounds like they need to road force balanced.

Even with a road force balance, they may still be bad. I went through 2 sets of BFG's on an older truck to get the shimmy and shake out of it. Sometimes a crap lot of tires make it out the plant.

Good luck.

I bought them from Bob Moore Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram, in OKC. So, I guess they hold the warranty

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
I bought them from Bob Moore Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram, in OKC. So, I guess they hold the warranty

Well any tire retail seller that is licensed seller of whatever brand you had install technically can provide warranty service but most will kick you back to the selling business.

This is where new car dealership that play "retail tire seller" on the side can get you into trouble if they do not want to go the extra step to resolve the issue. If they push back, you may need to contact the tire manufacturer direct and explain your issue to see if you can have another authorized tire retailer that is actually their day business of selling and installing tires to see if they can help.

Was this something you notice right after getting them installed? If you have driven months or so with no report of a problem. The installing dealer may waffle and blame your vehicle.