How Come..........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Murphy Slaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bighorn 4X4 Crew
Engine
Ya never see any Express Crews at a dealer with Ramboxes?

I only see Bighorns, Laramies and Rebels.

And 80% of the Express trucks are Quads, not that there's anything wrong with Quads, hell my '05 is a Quad, with a toolbox.......

Chisox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am no expert but it seemed to me that the express was an attempt to keep the price down and still appeal to the truck buyers out there. I noticed a lot of them I looked at didn't even have tow packages, reverse cameras, sun roofs etc. It seemed like they striped down some of the convenience type stuff and went heavy on the cosmetic stuff. No DIS to the express meant, it's just a different target audience.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
They build the trucks that sell the best on average. There is a whole department dedicated to figuring out which models sell the most with what options I sure. If you go by a dealer in the rural Midwest, you will see 2500 and 3500 duallies with aluminum flat beds sitting on the lots. You never see that at the city dealer because no one would buy it. I had to order my Laramie because I wanted a cc 6'4" bed (because I couldn't get an 8' cc 1500 and don't need a 2500) and I wanted a 60/40 bench seat not a console. Neither seems that extreme but the majority likes bucket seats and a short bed.

blrmkrl83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm guessing it's because the Express is a cheap model. There are probably a good % of buyers that can't afford or don't want to pay for those. Most dealers are only going to stock what sells best in their area.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
They are for people like me who do not want all the gadgets and BS that they put on the upper end models.
All that electronic BS just jacks up and gives you problems.
I have the money and could have bought any truck I wanted to but with my past experiences I just dont want to deal with it all anymore and dont need hahalf that crap anyway..lol
It also comes with all the painted bumpers and grill like a sport so its still a sharp looking truck.

JM 2 cents.

Edit: Also the Express comes with IMO a better transfer case.

Last edited:

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hit the nail on the head.

I've had vehicles with all the doo-dads and cool gadgets......never used them.

Hell, I rarely even listen to music when I go anywhere. Windows usually go down and listen to the flowmaster :dancingpoop:

They are for people like me who do not want all the gadgets and BS that they put on the upper end models.
All that electronic BS just jacks up and gives you problems.
I have the money and could have bought any truck I wanted to but with my past experiences I just dont want to deal with it all anymore and dont need hahalf that crap anyway..lol
It also comes with all the painted bumpers and grill like a sport so its still a sharp looking truck.

JM 2 cents.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also bought my Express because I wouldn't use all the "high end" features like power seats, heated seats Etc. It did have the options I did want like projector head lights, LED tail lights, Rearview camera ETC. Why pay for options I wouldn't use.

WillO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same reasons as the above. My truck before was an f150 fx4 platinum, every available option, used none of it. So I went with an express blackout, only things I optioned from the dealership were the reverse camera and spray in liner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RumRunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I started looking for my truck last year I had a hard time finding any crew cabs with the rambox. And after a while if found a few, but couldn't find a laramie with the rambox. Ended up having to order my truck, guess what I wanted just didn't go with the majority (laramie, 4x4, CC, 3.92, rambox, no tow mirrors).

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I like all the bells and whistles, but I wanted a regular cab with 6spd trans and part-time transfer case so I didn't have too many options for trim level. Regular cab trucks are hard to find period, especially when looking for a low mileage used one.

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My sport has ramboxes. I've also seen a few outdoorsman with em.

magic280z

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There was a v6 express with ramboxes when I was looking. Unfortunately it was super stripped down. This dealership always does trailer brakes, but no hitch that was probably the only option installed.

I think more express owners would buy ramboxes, but I think express owners are willing to compromise based on what is on the lot at the best price. I grabbed one of the 2016 20% off Quads for this reason. Would I have paid more for ramboxes? For sure, but there was only that one express in a 2 hour radius with ramboxes.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Yeah those Ram boxes are nice. I was looking at ordering a Sport before I figured out it came with alot of stuff I did not want and was thinking about ordering the Ram boxes on it.
I since decided that I wanted another topper so they would not have worked for me anyway.

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
As others have stated the Express is a package targeted at owners that don't necessarily care so much about bells and whistles as they do about the overall appearance, and performance. It's really smart marketing by RAM, considering the sheer amount of Express package RAM trucks I see on the roads every given day. A lot of people love the look of the Sport. The front fascia and rear bumper are all color matched, but to get into a Sport you're looking at some major money as a Sport includes a lot of creature comfort type options, and a leather interior. The Express is an option for buyers getting a Sport type look, without having to spend Sport type money. To my knowledge the RAM box is not available on Express trucks. I don't think you can even order one with the RAM boxes, though I could be wrong in that regard.

I personally didn't much care for the Express when I drove a Black Edition. It just felt cheap to me. No offense to Express owners, it just wasn't my cup of tea. I wanted the Uconnect 8.4 and you can't even order an Express with that, or so I was told. I also wanted some of the options that simply aren't available on an Express so that's why I ultimately ended up deciding on my Big Horn.

Last edited:

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Same reasons i went from a very highly optioned 2015 Silverado 1500 to my 2500 tradesman.

I didn't really need or like all that fancy crap. I'm a simple country man and i like my trucks simple. Less crap to go wrong or distract me while driving.

The navigation, 7" touch screen, dual zone climate control crap, heated leather seats, etc....i found them more annoying to use than useful. But I'm an old school button pusher.

Just not my cup of tea personally, but to each their own. I love my tradesman as it is and don't miss the options on that Chevy at all.

Thank you ram for building a truck that's simple and affordable. It has all the options i wanted and none i didn't. Perfect for me.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
. A lot of people love the look of the Sport. The front fascia and rear bumper are all color matched, but to get into a Sport you're looking at some major money.

Another major point in my decision for the express....IMO, the sport package looks the best on the Rams and like you stated, you can get that "look" without all the unwanted stuff. Ya all the features are neat but I don't lose any sleep over not having them.

The big chrome bumpers immediately turned me away from the bighorn+ packages....or any truck package with chrome bumpers for that matter.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
one with the RAM boxes, though I could be wrong in that regard.

I personally didn't much care for the Express when I drove a Black Edition. It just felt cheap to me. No offense to Express owners, i.

Too late, you have already offended us Black Express owners !! We have held a meeting of all the Black Express owners on this site and have agreed to all drive to your house and surround it blasting our horns until you apologize !!! Be warned !!!!!!!! :naughty::roflsquared: