How easy is it to steal these trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Just take the shifter knob with you!!!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They probably wanted your projector headlights. I see alot on sale on eBay with tabs broken and missing LOL.

I didn't think they were easy to steal without a programmed key.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This or install a detachable steering wheel like on the sand rails!

Won't stop them if they have a pair of vice grips...

Around here, they steal tow trucks and print off false repo papers and haul them away - by the time the cops can verify the papers are false, the perp, tow truck and your vehicle are long gone...

GreenClassic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've got a GPS tracker on my truck. Even if it does get stolen, I'll know exactly where it is, lol.

APFSDS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had one of these on my 04 Cummins. I think they are still in business. Check out the below web site.
Ravelco - About Us Page
Jay

I'm trying to locate a dealer near me. How long does it take to install? With alarms, they damn near need all day. This sounds like a very simple installation in the middle of the starter circuit.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Damn, I played my video back and I can see them go by then turn around and creep back up the street then they park in front of my yard and turn their lights off.

When I walked toward them they drove off, I would bet the car they was in was stolen as well.

I will go back to earlier in the night and see if I can get them in the daylight.

Probably the same a-holes that did this, both of those cars were stolen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APhbKt9qMNA

Damn, I think it's time for you to move..lol

Like how they get away in a Grand Prix, those cars are very easy to still. Considering a lot of grand prix keys with work in other grand prixs..lol

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
I'm trying to locate a dealer near me. How long does it take to install? With alarms, they damn near need all day. This sounds like a very simple installation in the middle of the starter circuit.

The quote is "1-2 hours with simple hand tools", and I believe it.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7

its basically a fancy starter kill relay. all you need to do is re-connect the starter wire and off you go.

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
its basically a fancy starter kill relay. all you need to do is re-connect the starter wire and off you go.
No it's not. That old saw has been around for a while.

It disables at minimum two different systems. There's a steel sheath around all the cables all the way into the engine compartment. And all the wires in there are black. Plus, the pins are wired differently on each unit, so there's no knowing which ones to jump.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think it took about 3 hours for the guy to install it. I was quite satisfied with it and never had any problems. It ain't cheap though----but neither was my truck.
Jay

APFSDS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've read the "stay away from those overpriced gimmicks. use two $5 inline switches to your starter" threads. I've also read that, if a Revelco was cut somehow, with all the black wires, it would be a nightmare to restore.
I'd like my new truck to stay mine and not have it hacked up. Still trying to weigh the pros and cons.

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I've got a GPS tracker on my truck. Even if it does get stolen, I'll know exactly where it is, lol.

I know of a older model cummins that was stolen recently, they pulled the gps on it, it was headed north bound on I-25, then the signal was lost. Never found that truck.

LOL, just saying, them crooks can be pretty resourceful.

GreenClassic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know of a older model cummins that was stolen recently, they pulled the gps on it, it was headed north bound on I-25, then the signal was lost. Never found that truck.

LOL, just saying, them crooks can be pretty resourceful.

True, but at least it makes them work to keep the truck, lol. Hopefully if mine is ever stolen, they are not very resourceful.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I've read the "stay away from those overpriced gimmicks. use two $5 inline switches to your starter" threads. I've also read that, if a Revelco was cut somehow, with all the black wires, it would be a nightmare to restore.
I'd like my new truck to stay mine and not have it hacked up. Still trying to weigh the pros and cons.

I didn't get the LoJack to actually stop someone from stealing my truck.

I got it so my insurance was less and so that if my truck is stolen and not recovered I'm completely covered.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There is an old saying(us older guys will remember it) "A lock will only keep an honest man honest". Hell most 14 year old kids can get into our trucks faster without the key than we can with a key. Advise-----buy a gun and a dog!
Jay

OP
OP
kccustom

kccustom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After thinking about it, I am going to put an alarm on it and if they steal it they steal it, I have insurance and buying a new truck will be more fun than worrying about **** I can't do any thing about.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Certain deterrents will stop certain thieves. Making a vehicle is impossible to steal is nearly impossible, but stealing a very well protected vehicle is MUCH harder than stealing one that's unlocked with the keys in it. Certain protections can prevent a theft from a less skilled thief.

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
After thinking about it, I am going to put an alarm on it and if they steal it they steal it, I have insurance and buying a new truck will be more fun than worrying about **** I can't do any thing about.

Why even bother with a new alarm.

GP4L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There is an old saying(us older guys will remember it) "A lock will only keep an honest man honest". Hell most 14 year old kids can get into our trucks faster without the key than we can with a key. Advise-----buy a gun and a dog!
Jay

Funny story... Friend of mine had his car stolen a few months ago via flatbed in the middle of the night. Found his dog lounging in the front yard, with a few cheeseburger wrappers in the lawn. Friend didn't get the chance to use a firearm because he didn't wake up. Lol