How long will it last

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keithert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My last trucks were a Nissan Frontier and a Toyota Tacoma. I never doubted that either one would last a long time but they weren't all that comfortable so I got a 16 Ram 1500 with the 5.7. I'm wondering how long it can last before engine or body issues take it out. I wonder about body because of how many older gens I see with bad bed and fender rust. The engines seem pretty reliable but I wonder how they stand up to over 200k miles. See this article on a Toyota Tundra with 1 million miles. I also had a 2005 Wrangler that was doing fine at 100k miles and 98 Wrangler with 146k mikes, so I know that a Chrysler product can last.

Toyota Buys Victor Sheppard

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

badger5828

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As with any vehicle, how long they last really depends on how well you take care of it. RAM is no exception.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Badger said it take care of it and it lasts. My truck lacked alot of maintance from previous owner all he did was change the oil basically and it had 148k when I bought it. I'm at 153k and I have done nothing but straighten up his lack of maintance (brakes suspension ect.) but nothing major engines clean (had oil analysis done) trans seems good (fluid seemed clean for the mileage according to my neighbour That's a trans tech at a dealer) axle rebuilt under recall and no body rust but it's a Texas truck we have never worried about that.

Last edited:

Rustproofcorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
As with any vehicle, how long they last really depends on how well you take care of it. RAM is no exception.

Nice answer

I had a 2006 2500 that had 0 problems until I bought a new truck in 2012. No rust. Body was solid. Loved that truck.

My 2012 2500 I have had since 13 only has 35k miles. But it's still is like new. Only thing that wears not to my liking is the longhorn seats which I haven't figured out how to keep perfect. I have tried every product on the market. Hahah

dexter

Banned
Reaction score

This - I had a 2000 Dakota I sold with 210K miles. It could have kept going for many more miles.

Rust - look into Fluid Film - I used it.

OP
OP
K

keithert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's the deal with the rust on the mid 2000 models? They seem to have more rust than other brands of trucks.

CLOUDL1GHT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins HO
What's the deal with the rust on the mid 2000 models? They seem to have more rust than other brands of trucks.

Just the type of metal used. Some rust more than others.

Like others have said, take care of it and it will take care of you. One more thing to add is don't always drive it like you stole it either lol. It should last you a long time.