How Much do you Love or Hate your 4 Gen?

Satisfaction with your 4 gen Ram?

• 1-2 ...how come I can't put a zero, I hate this thing.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 3-4 ...not very satisfied with Ram

Votes: 11 3.4%
  • 5-6 ...it is ok but plenty room for improvement

Votes: 22 6.8%
  • 7-8 ...I really like the Ram

Votes: 123 38.2%
  • 9-10...the best I've owned

Votes: 165 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Punishher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
we canadians laugh at you ***** all the time.at least we don't live in an insane asylum.you'd be hard pressed to find a canadian that wants to be an american.

You wear your jealousy on your sleeve bro. Back on topic...

2014 CC Sport 4X4 w/ 3.92. I absolutely love my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You know what, I think there is something I dislike about my truck. ( no jokes here ).. for some reason, I feel like the SEAT WANTS me to lean to the right, I feel like I'm a gangster trying to get my swag on. It's annoying as hell, I try to sit upright, and it always forces me to succumb to it's will.

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You know what, I think there is something I dislike about my truck. ( no jokes here ).. for some reason, I feel like the SEAT WANTS me to lean to the right, I feel like I'm a gangster trying to get my swag on. It's annoying as hell, I try to sit upright, and it always forces me to succumb to it's will.

I should have gotten a package with the nice leather seats and not have the dealer add leather to my outdoorsman (I was kind of under the impression I'd get the factory full leather setup though)

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I should have gotten a package with the nice leather seats and not have the dealer add leather to my outdoorsman (I was kind of under the impression I'd get the factory full leather setup though)

Explain this a bit, you talked them into " adding " leather as part of the deal? Or you just wen't in and said " i want leather ", and they installed something. I'm curious about getting leather added to my lonestar, did it look okay? got any pics, any advice? Is it katskinz ? or whatever the hell that's called?

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Explain this a bit, you talked them into " adding " leather as part of the deal? Or you just wen't in and said " i want leather ", and they installed something. I'm curious about getting leather added to my lonestar, did it look okay? got any pics, any advice? Is it katskinz ? or whatever the hell that's called?

They told me the outdoorsman didn't come with leather seats. So I asked them if I could get leather and they said yes. So I figured I'd get the leather of say a Ram Sport. But what I got was the seats rewrapped in leather, rather then the seats being replaced. This was my first time buying a vehicle so I wasn't sure of exactly how it was going to be done and I assumed the wrong thing by thinking they were gonna order seats or install Ram leather factory seats.

It definitely feels better then cloth and they did a good job installing them or having them installed. But I really loved the factory Ram leather seat of my buddies vehicle when I drove with him after the fact. Much more comfortable and just a wider more supportive seat overall.

I was charged 995 for my leather, i would check to see how much it would be for say.. 2 factory ram seats up front then the backs wrapped to save on cost. Maybe you could get some money back if your truck is new and want to sell your cloth seats? Also if your seats are not new and you've had them for a while, the foam underneath might be broken down and worn out? Maybe wrapping them in leather would help freshen them up looks wise but I can't say how they would differ in terms of support after the leather breaks in. I'm no expert on how the seats are built and how it's all done... but I feel after a few hours of driving all at once I wish I had the support of the high end factory leather seat, I can kind of tell on the long rides it was just a re wrapped cloth seat

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They told me the outdoorsman didn't come with leather seats. So I asked them if I could get leather and they said yes. So I figured I'd get the leather of say a Ram Sport. But what I got was the seats rewrapped in leather, rather then the seats being replaced. This was my first time buying a vehicle so I wasn't sure of exactly how it was going to be done and I assumed the wrong thing by thinking they were gonna order seats or install Ram leather factory seats.

It definitely feels better then cloth and they did a good job installing them or having them installed. But I really loved the factory Ram leather seat of my buddies vehicle when I drove with him after the fact. Much more comfortable and just a wider more supportive seat overall.

I was charged 995 for my leather, i would check to see how much it would be for say.. 2 factory ram seats up front then the backs wrapped to save on cost. Maybe you could get some money back if your truck is new and want to sell your cloth seats? Also if your seats are not new and you've had them for a while, the foam underneath might be broken down and worn out? Maybe wrapping them in leather would help freshen them up looks wise but I can't say how they would differ in terms of support after the leather breaks in. I'm no expert on how the seats are built and how it's all done... but I feel after a few hours of driving all at once I wish I had the support of the high end factory leather seat, I can kind of tell on the long rides it was just a re wrapped cloth seat

Naw, my seats are brand new, less than 2k miles on them, the money isn't the issue, it's time. I'm just trying to figure out thebest way to do it. Going with factory seats that were leather to begin with would be expensive, I got cloth on purpose, i have like EVERY other option, other than that, i thought i wanted cloth, until my kids showed me why i don't like kids in the first place. If you got all your seats wrapped for 995, then i think id' go that route. do you have any pics you would be able to PM me by chance? :love51:

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Naw, my seats are brand new, less than 2k miles on them, the money isn't the issue, it's time. I'm just trying to figure out thebest way to do it. Going with factory seats that were leather to begin with would be expensive, I got cloth on purpose, i have like EVERY other option, other than that, i thought i wanted cloth, until my kids showed me why i don't like kids in the first place. If you got all your seats wrapped for 995, then i think id' go that route. do you have any pics you would be able to PM me by chance? :love51:

Pm sent

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm loving my night edition. I haven't hit 1000 miles on it yet though. My dad has 13k miles on his express and it still feels like my sport does being brand new.

big13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
i like my truck ALOT ! I have a 2013 laramie crewcab with 6 speed and bench seat.

Things I think need to change.

1. I was thinking of buying a Longhorn or a Laramie with a diesel, BUT does not come with a bench seat.

2. I need 1 more inch of head room, At 6'4" I am shifting to get comfortable.(friend has a ford f150 nice headroom)

3. Better rims than the crome hubcaps.

4. GET rid of dial shifter, make truck more aftermarket friendly.

st8er

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Laramie Crew Cab
Traded in a 2007 F150 Lariat for my 2016 Laramie. I love the truck. The interior is impressive. Just a few things bother me a little. Paint quality, "chrome" hub caps, windshield washer nozzles on the hood, and I do miss the door code entry.

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Traded in a 2007 F150 Lariat for my 2016 Laramie. I love the truck. The interior is impressive. Just a few things bother me a little. Paint quality, "chrome" hub caps, windshield washer nozzles on the hood, and I do miss the door code entry.

Don't you have the keyless entry with the Laramie? I just touch the door handle on my Sport and it opens. Push of a button and it locks. The Ford button code was pretty cool (I had 4 of them over the years), but today's tech is even easier.

st8er

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Laramie Crew Cab
Don't you have the keyless entry with the Laramie? I just touch the door handle on my Sport and it opens. Push of a button and it locks. The Ford button code was pretty cool (I had 4 of them over the years), but today's tech is even easier.

Yes, but I liked locking my keys and fob in the truck.

tsielski

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Love my 2017. It's my third, and the first with a gas engine. Had a 2007 Grand Cherokee with the 5.7, but the Ram is more refined and more powerful. No real paint, or fitment issues. The Delmonico Red is an awesome color. Didn't think I'd like the Ram Boxes, but the more I use them, the more I like them. Air suspension is great. Will see how it's long term reliability plays out, but have purchased the extended warranty. Only complaint is the engine oil filter location. Would love to have a "discussion" with the "engineer" who left it there, right over the electronic power steering unit. Will fix this in the spring with an already procured filter relocation kit.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, but I liked locking my keys and fob in the truck.

or start the engine with the remote start and accidentally leave your keys on the seat when you lock the door out of habit. I did it... Sucked lol thank god my wife is small enough to fit through my back window lol

My only real complaint is the A/C buttons. Like seriously the knob should be temperature and the buttons should be the amount of air! Ram did that part backwards :( It bugs the hell out of me

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My only real complaint is the A/C buttons. Like seriously the knob should be temperature and the buttons should be the amount of air! Ram did that part backwards :( It bugs the hell out of me

Yeah this bugs me as well. Trying to go from medium to hot or medium to cold takes a ton of button pressing or you have to bring the hvac screen up in uconnect

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Besides paint quality and the untraceable random clunking in the front end, this is my second 4th gen ram and I absolutely love it.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah this bugs me as well. Trying to go from medium to hot or medium to cold takes a ton of button pressing or you have to bring the hvac screen up in uconnect

SO annoying. I actually hate this part of the truck. Like seriously switch them around and it will be much better.

little dan 28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had a 11, loved it, now onto my 14 liking it even more, see how long the marriage last :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk