How Much do you Love or Hate your 4 Gen?

Satisfaction with your 4 gen Ram?

• 1-2 ...how come I can't put a zero, I hate this thing.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 3-4 ...not very satisfied with Ram

Votes: 11 3.4%
  • 5-6 ...it is ok but plenty room for improvement

Votes: 22 6.8%
  • 7-8 ...I really like the Ram

Votes: 123 38.2%
  • 9-10...the best I've owned

Votes: 165 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tfeni52355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi, 4x4, Air Suspension
Hating my Navi now after the latest software update from FCA turned it into a complete POS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
^^^. I'm really sorry you're see this.
15f36834856f09bc30888755cf5fc445.jpg

F.O.F

JIMBOX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:) I've had Nissan/Ford F150/Power Wagons/Ramchargers/Jeep Rubicon and -

I own two Toyota's and my third Ford Ranger--

The RAM is the top of the list 4wd truck, total hiwy comfort/w the elec R&P steering and climate control--

A lotta power/w decent mileage and a range in excess of 450 miles-

--TOP OF THE HEAP--I[ll give it a "10"

:crazy: JIMBO

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
:)
I have this feeling that the poll results are skewed a little being this IS a RAM forum.

By the same token this is where people come when they have a problem. Maybe they stick around because they like their rams and wanna check out the cool info and rides we have here. But many come to grind an ax and find out about some of the common issues we all seam to face. Where else could you find a fair poll about Ram, a Ford forum?

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
:)

By the same token this is where people come when they have a problem. Maybe they stick around because they like their rams and wanna check out the cool info and rides we have here. But many come to grind an ax and find out about some of the common issues we all seam to face. Where else could you find a fair poll about Ram, a Ford forum?

It was a little bit if a joke. I compley understand your point

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Wow. Its a stoning.

patchelect

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Having just gotten my '14 CPO Big Horn I can't comment too deeply. I did put about 750 miles on it in the first 5 days so I have a first impression. The truck was always a draw for me, but I've been a dyed in the wool Pentastar guy. I knew that any truck I ever got would be a Dodge/Ram or nothing. I am coming off an '01 Dakota Sport Club Cab that I've owned since new and I've already posted my feelings elsewhere. :favorites13:

My long drive was over mixed roads and mixed speeds. Comfortable as heck, roomy like nobody's business and quiet! The silly shift knob will take some getting used to and there's too much information available on the screen that requires moving about, but I'll get used to it. Back seat is very roomy for adults and having the running boards helps getting in and out. :happy107:

I hope I can adjust to the differences from the Dakota and keep this truck for 16 years too, maybe even more!. As my wife told me the Dakota was my divorce truck and the RAM is my retirement truck. :)

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Only thing i dont like is my auto windows ,rather it up and down with switch rather than switch and it goes all the way up/down on its own..The gear selector instead of the stick and lastly a code for anti lock,trl brakes,lose of cruise ctrl all cause of one stupid code of 140a...Got my diablo tuner and ecu in it and that when it stated last yr..Diablo sent me a code to somehow fix the tuner and all was good but now its back..Gotta put in stock ecu to see if its truck or tuner/ecu combo.

Last edited:

Fanta1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish there was a way to stop door panel vibrations... Not even playing music it rattles

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I wish there was a way to stop door panel vibrations... Not even playing music it rattles

Have you tried to have the dealer fix it? I think they would be more apt to do this if the truck is new. Mine rattles as well.

Fanta1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you tried to have the dealer fix it? I think they would be more apt to do this if the truck is new. Mine rattles as well.

I did try and they said they found nothing lol

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Love mine , rolled over 48K on the way to wk this morning

I've never had a single issue other than a few recalls .

I converted to the RA4 8.4NA radio , installed the factory backup cam , installed factory QC black side step bars and wired in some bed lighting and a few other mods .
I'm running Redline fluids in EVERYTHING except the brake fluid , which I will drain & replenish with Redline soon.

I've installed the bilsteins 5100s @ +2.8" & installed some rear coil spring spacers ( TGC 1.5" )

Love this truck & can't wait to install the BDS 6" lift kit ,
ha ha I do not like the 20" chrome wheels ! Will be putting black 17 / 18 " ones on when I lift it .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Really hating the front drivshaft greaseing method on my 3500. Why the FU?k didnt they put a normal grease firting on it i dont know.

Jb7054

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im on my second ram. The first was a 99 5.9 magnum which proved to be indestructible. I've owned 3 jeeps since then and was sold on anything Chrysler until this ram. It seems like I've had every common problem from a puddle in the back seat to rattles, stalling and airbag problems. I keep my fingers crossed all the dash lights will go out after I start the truck. This is the first car I've owned since fiat took over and at this point my loyalty to the brand will hold out only as long as GM's square wheel wells do.

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Second RAM for me. First was a 2004 Dodge Ram w/4.7 I got 160,000 miles on it when I sold it and it was still running strong. Even though it was a base model ST I really liked that truck.

Now I still have a "base" model tradsman but I got what I did not have in my old 2004. The 5.7 and 4x4. Having little comforts like power windows and cruise control is just a bonus.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
jb, i am in my 4th ram. my current 16 is the first one for me since Fiat came aboard. also my first ram not built in mexico. so far all is good since november and 5000 miles.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
My loyalty will remain so long as they don't mess around with the wrangler (next vehicle). I've owned a JK before and loved it. This is my third Ram and love it too. Love Mopar and the way the company is headed. They've managed to flourish in my humble opinion.

Rumours were they were gonna dump the caravan which is a dumb move but have since changed they're plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My loyalty will remain so long as they don't mess around with the wrangler (next vehicle). I've owned a JK before and loved it. This is my third Ram and love it too. Love Mopar and the way the company is headed. They've managed to flourish in my humble opinion.

Rumours were they were gonna dump the caravan which is a dumb move but have since changed they're plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also have a 15 wrangler. The EPA and whomever is in charge of making safety features mandatory will force Fiats hand in messing with the wrangler.

JohnnyDollar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Just clicked over 104,000mi on my 2012.
I still love it, no major problems, and the only minor problem was a broken manifold bolt that the service tech identified during an oil change and fixed under warranty.