How picky should I be?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

SilverRam11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Well I picked up my truck yesterday afternoon. Another half assed attempt to do the least amount of work possible and not correct all of their mistakes. Looks like I will be calling the insurance company today. Not to mention they sprayed some horrific smelling air freshener in my truck and it gives me a headache to drive it now.

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm sorry to hear that. It's hard to believe that places like that can stay in business.

OP
OP
S

SilverRam11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
I'm sorry to hear that. It's hard to believe that places like that can stay in business.

Apparently it's a big chain with a ton of locations. Unfortunately they probably get away with half assed work everyday and people don't even look or notice. I'm an engineer and I review other peoples work for a living, I'm not likely to miss obvious screw ups. The thing that gets me is that they ignored things I clearly told them up front, and they didn't do things they said they would do. They paid for a rental car for 5 days but apparently couldn't take the time to break out a buffer or even open their eyes to see their mistakes.

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Like I said on page one, most shops will do the minimum amount of work with the quickest turn around. They're hoping that the customer won't notice the half assed work. However, usually if a customer does complain, they will put the extra effort into the 2nd job, to make sure the customer doesn't continue to complain. It's sad that your 2nd job was not up to standards either. They might have completely inept workers, and that is just the best they can do.

Regardless, I hope your insurance can help you in this situation. I'm like you, I'm very meticulous and expect a well done job. It pains me every time I have to take a vehicle to the body shop, because I know that I will never get it back the way it was before.

spencer1122

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
5.7 HEMI
i cant help but get the same feeling as ordering food from a restaurant. if you complain about their crappy food, or their workmanship in this case, they bring it to the back and spit in it before reserving it to you

OP
OP
S

SilverRam11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Just had water leaking into my cab on my head liner and dripping onto my seats AGAIN. Clearly they didn't fix it properly for the second time. :flipthebird:

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Wow... sorry to hear about all of this. Hopefully, the shop is on social media. I'd 1 star review the snot out of them. Hopefully, your insurance will approve another shop to fix all of these mistakes.

Adam

OP
OP
S

SilverRam11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
This whole thing has been very frustrating. After a week of rain and some nice new water stains in my headliner, my truck will be going back into the body shop tomorrow morning for more corrective repairs. It better not leak after this.

pkrexer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm thankful that I work right across the road from a family owned body shop. The owner himself walks around the car with the client and makes sure the work they did is satisfactory.

I was rear-ended recently and took it to them. Looks the same as when I drove it off the lot.

Hope you get things worked out!

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So sorry to hear of all your troubles........you are far more patient than I would be in this situation. Hopefully it will be settled correctly, and soon.

OP
OP
S

SilverRam11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
So FUN update.....I was finally supposed to get my truck back today after another couple weeks in the shop. This time with no leak and a new headliner and yada yada yada. Well just found out the headliner job was botched so they have to order a new one from dodge. This is such a joke at this point. Anyone want to buy a used truck? Silver, low miles, cursed.

OP
OP
S

SilverRam11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Got my truck back Friday. They said they fixed the leak, which was SURPRISE SURPRISE coming from the third brake light. I asked them when I first picked the truck up if they made sure to seal the brake light due to it being a known leak. My headliner was re-upholstered but whoever did it must have quit drinking that morning because it looks like complete crap. The shop ordered a new headliner from dodge which is ,according to them, a new style and there is only 1 in the country. Does this sound right? I'm driving my truck until they get the new headliner.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i would have left it until the ins company insisted everything is done to your satisfaction. hope you contacted your ins company about the issue.

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
SilverRam11, where are you located? Maybe we can find you a reputable shop to fix all this.

OP
OP
S

SilverRam11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
i would have left it until the ins company insisted everything is done to your satisfaction. hope you contacted your ins company about the issue.

SilverRam11, where are you located? Maybe we can find you a reputable shop to fix all this.

Everything is done except the headliner, they are waiting on a new headliner and the accompanying install kit from dodge (supposedly). There is no point in my truck sitting on their lot possibly getting damaged while waiting for a headliner that they have no idea when they will get. I have kept my insurance company in the loop and they recommended I give the shop a chance to fix things, this is a shop on the recommended list by the insurance company.

I'm in east central Florida, the shop I used is a chain that has been buying up local body shops and have many locations. They are on the "select" list provided by the insurance company. All of this is part of an insurance claim so I'm doing what my insurance company recommended. Rest assured though, I will be letting the insurance company know exactly how poorly this whole thing has been handled.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
guess things are different up here, i have the choice of using the ins company recommended shop and they wave the deductible, or i can use the shop of my choice. i pay the deductible and use the shop of my choice.