How's about those idle times-

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
High idle time?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 53

Galion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If my math is right (which it often isn't) that's almost 35% of it's life spent idling, which seems rather excessive to me under normal use. Then again what do I know, mine has never counted a single idle hour on the clock for some reason, since new it's counted it all as driving hours. Dealer doesn't know why either.

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
If my math is right (which it often isn't) that's almost 35% of it's life spent idling, which seems rather excessive to me under normal use. Then again what do I know, mine has never counted a single idle hour on the clock for some reason, since new it's counted it all as driving hours. Dealer doesn't know why either.
Mine is the same way. Idle doesn't count a thing but drive rolls right along.

-JT

OP
OP
Ratket

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We have a lot of extreme temperatures here- and I like my toddlers to be comfy- plus it doesn't help that they love to sleep in the truck, Clearly by the idle time"s we just crank the ac/ heat and let me sleep lol

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just slightly less idle time than you. I park in a garage so generally just start and go. Being to work by 5am I don't see much traffic, but coming home at 530 I hit a little. Also work nights half the year so no traffic then either. Check engine light is from truck not being started.
picture.php

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My idle counter only counted one time, when I had to drive a friends wife to where he had wrecked, she stayed in truck for about an hour and it counted, BUT next time I started truck, it reset it self, so mine reads 0 all the time

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine still says 0 idle time and I too have kids that like to sleep in the truck. I wouldn't say I idle a lot but it seems like I should've racked up at least an hour of idle time after 15k miles...