I don't want to have to sell my Ram...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreenClassic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like money (it's what pays for my Ram). But in all seriousness, I hope you can get something figured out so you don't have to sell it.

nikeaddict

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500
Engine
V8
What are you planning to replace it with?

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Blows man...sorry to hear. Remember, people first things later.

How about refinancing? I did, and I saved about $40 a month and I only lengthened the payoff loan duration by just a couple of months.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
darthdzl

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
Just frustrated.

No income right now (would-be business collapsed before it got started).
Running out of money (and credit card room).
Debt on previous car I sold to a friend is now 4 years overdue (he's had problems of his own, and I've been more than patient).
Trying to get my house ready to get on the market, but it takes time. (Of course, it starts falling apart when I get ready to sell it.)

And my truck is the only thing I have left that's worth anything to give me enough to last till the house is ready and sells.

Not looking for advice; I've got a good handle on my options. Just venting because I can't really do that anywhere else.

[EDIT: The irony is after I sell the house, I can buy another Ram. But I can't just get a loan on this one, because I already have a loan. There's trade-in value left in it, though, which is what would get me through.]

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Sorry to hear man, hope it all works out for you. Sounds like you've got a rough go of it right now!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

VANCITYMOPAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram RT Sport Reg Cab
Engine
5.7L Hemi
sounds like you need to hop in your truck drive out into the bush and hunt and kill something .. it might help put things in perspective and help you reconnect with what is important in this world .. Family first .. you'll always get another truck .. good luck ..

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
I've been there, had to down size everything, do a voluntary repo and drove a **** box for 8years. But you build it back up and really enjoy it when things are good.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Selling/buying a home is very stressfull. I'm going through the same process now. It ******* blows that you have to put money into a house for repairs to just get it into selling shape. And you know inspectors will find **** to make you fix once you find a seller.

Hang in there....maybe you do have to sell it....I had to trade my charger rt (which I loved) for my current ram due to moving back and fourth from my parents house, but now I can see the light and things are getting better..as soon as I sell my home.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Pretty awkward when a friend still owes you money 4 years later...

OP
OP
darthdzl

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
Pretty awkward when a friend still owes you money 4 years later...

Yes it is, but the conversation went far better than I thought it might.

I'm getting the car back and will be selling it immediately. That means (assuming it sells) my Ram is safe! :D

Thanks for the support guys. I really appreciate the Ram-ily.

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes it is, but the conversation went far better than I thought it might.

I'm getting the car back and will be selling it immediately. That means (assuming it sells) my Ram is safe! :D

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!! You sure needed some GOOD news!!!!

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just frustrated.

No income right now (would-be business collapsed before it got started).
Running out of money (and credit card room).
Debt on previous car I sold to a friend is now 4 years overdue (he's had problems of his own, and I've been more than patient).
Trying to get my house ready to get on the market, but it takes time. (Of course, it starts falling apart when I get ready to sell it.)

And my truck is the only thing I have left that's worth anything to give me enough to last till the house is ready and sells.

Not looking for advice; I've got a good handle on my options. Just venting because I can't really do that anywhere else.

[EDIT: The irony is after I sell the house, I can buy another Ram. But I can't just get a loan on this one, because I already have a loan. There's trade-in value left in it, though, which is what would get me through.]

Just a temporary setback. Hang in there. It's just a material item. They will make more Ram's, and you will make more money.

OP
OP
darthdzl

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
Aaaaand the car's a ******* basket case. It won't get me what I need, but it'll run until I get this house sold and am able to buy another Ram.

So, I get to sell the Ram after all.

I'm at peace with this. It's a truck. There will be another.

And then I get to start modding all over again.

Maybe I'll even do something a little different this time.

But it'll still be black. (I think.)

Again, thanks for the support, guys.

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
Lost your truck and know who your real friends are. Sorry bud. Next one will be better and faster.

OP
OP
darthdzl

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
Lost your truck and know who your real friends are. Sorry bud. Next one will be better and faster.

Thanks, man. If not faster, at least spec'd a little closer to what I want. May even order a '16.