I just ordered a 2016 Ram 1500 Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck in now "Gateline" status with an estimated delivery date of 9/14/15. Needless to say, i am getting excited!!

RamWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol 6 weeks cause dealer has connections.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, here's the deal. My truck has been built and is sitting in some lot outside Chrysler. I ordered it in late July. Supposedly the holdup is some kind of a dispute with the railroad or something (???). The dealer either doesn't know or doesn't want to say what is really going on. My original delivery date was supposed to be 9/13 but is now scheduled for 10/28. The dealer is trying to get the truck pulled out and shipped down here in a private transport for which they will pick up the tab. But so far the truck still hasn't been released. Very frustrating.

Domino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
That sucks!

It seems strange considering all the truck that have been shipped as per SPP's updates.

I also ordered a limited ED. But according to RAM, it has been released and is on it way to the dealer today.

Waiting is the worst. Waiting for a truck that is sitting for no reason must be seriously frustrating.

:(

Will-

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I ordered in early July and mine is waiting to be shipped, so your case is not an anomaly.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My dealer told me today it's a UAW strike and that they will not release my vehicle early. A whole bunch of vehicles are being held "hostage" until the dispute is resolved. New anticipated delivery date is October 28.

eticket

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's OK with me. I think the big RAM letters in the tailgate would look fine if they were just painted raised letters without the chrome letters on top of them.

They are black on my 15 Red Rebel, looks good to me...

Always get compliments on the truck!

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
People...you are making this so complicated regarding the tailgate....

Step (1) Go to dealership at 3 AM.
Step (2) Find Ram with same color.
Step (3) Steal....err borrow without returning new tailgate. Put yours on theirs.
Step (4) Haul ass and enjoy.

Simple. :roflsquared:

crash_eco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
People...you are making this so complicated regarding the tailgate....

Step (1) Go to dealership at 3 AM.
Step (2) Find Ram with same color.
Step (3) Steal....err borrow without returning new tailgate. Put yours on theirs.
Step (4) Haul ass and enjoy.

Simple. :roflsquared:

you could just see if the dealer would swap out the tailgates for you.

my buddy did that with a car and a set of rims. Two brand new cars he liked the rims on one but wanted the other color, dealer swapped them out for him free of charge.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I looked up the letter parts and the description on ebay is not good news...

"OEM FACTORY NEW CHROME LETTER (R) EMBLEM IS APPROXIMATELY 10.5" X 4.5" AND IS A DIRECT FIT AND HAS A VERY STRONG ADHESIVE AS WELL AS 2 PRONGS THAT FIT DIRECTLY INTO YOUR TAILGATE WHOLES FOR A VERY EASY INSTALLATION AND IS A DIRECT FIT FOR THE FOLLOWING

2015 DODGE RAM 1500

GENUINE MOPAR PART # 68245544AA"

May have to dip them body colour and minimize their ugly.

:(

so heres the thing.. Im betting the holes are the same ones that the ram head uses. NO WAY are they going to stamp a different tailgate for 2 different models. I bet just the A has the holes so you can line it up straight.

I looked at a Rebel and there was in fact NO embossing. Im thinking its the same holes just no imprint of the ram head - like I said just on the A to keep it lined up