I want to trade my Ram 1500 Big Horn in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlo Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had my Ram for a little over a year. And truth be told: I love it; haven't had any issues with it, aside from the seatbelt tensioner, and the passenger side curtain airbag recall. But I really, really, like the Outdoorsman, and the Blackout Rams. I'd love to have an 8-inch screen as opposed to the 4-inch screen because I would really enjoy having navigation, and I'm a little bit of a Size Queen. I love the Blackout Rams, too. Which Blackout package comes with the 8-inch screen? because when I built the Black Express online, I could only get the 4-inch screen; as far as the Outdoorsman go, the only downside *I* see, is the lack of color options. Even though it actually has my favorite color, so I don't even see how that's even an issue, lol. But I've yet to see ANY Ram trucks that are Quad Cab/Crew Cab and are Black Forest Green. And I haven't been able to find any good quality pictures of that color to truly base an assumption. If anybody has any pictures of their truck's that are Black Forest Green, it'd be awesome if you could post them!

Attachments

• ram1.jpg
    ram1.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 104
  • ram2.jpg
    ram2.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 97
OP
OP
M

Marlo Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And also, if I decide to go with the crew cab, what are some of the pros/cons of getting the 6.4 bed vs the 5.7?

sutherlandjl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wanted the Black Forest Green when I got my '15 Big Horn CC. I settled for Black instead because the Black Forest they had, had a big scratch on it. That color is awesome!

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The 8.4 & 8.4N screens come with certain options groups, such as a Bighorn option package. It is not necessarily tied to the truck's color.

I have a 2014 Bighorn crew cab with the Black Appearance group (all blacked out), and all the Bighorn options and it includes the 8.4N Alpine audio system.

The crew cab bed is 6.4' long and you can get the standard bed which is 8.2' long. Megacab beds are a bit shorter than CC beds at around 5.7'.

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think he's talking about half tons. If you want blackout with more options go with the sport. If you haul a lot in your bed the bigger bed will be beneficial. And isn't the mega cab bed over 6'? I'm pretty certain the shorty 5'7" bed is only on half ton crews.

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
^^ I think you are talking 2500s...

If you don't live in the city, the bed difference is probably not noticeable while driving. Some don't like the way it looks, but it can be functional depending on how you use the truck. I wish I had it, but I cant imagine trying to park that extra 6 inches in the city.

the joys of living in DC...

Iczer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Dodge Ram Black Express
Engine
The Black Express doesn't come with 8.4 touch screen. Checkout the DIY section, there are a few members who make a harness so you can do the upgrade yourself. I've done it, and love it.

ohengineering

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The Black Sport is only available in the Crew Cab, short bed layout. I'm not seeing any options for the Black Sport, which makes sense because it is a limited edition (1,000 produced). It comes as it comes.

OP
OP
M

Marlo Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess, honestly, I could be referring to either 1500 or 2500. I do tow stuff. Nothing INCREDIBLY, but a square baler, hay rake, haybale trailer, boat, etc. Nothing crazy. So, I mean, I could justify getting a 2500 with the 6.4. But I honestly can't decide if I'd want to go with the 1500/2500 Outdoorsman or a Blackout. I don't think you can get an Outdoorsman with the Blackout option, can you? I love that the Outdoorsman sits a little higher, because I don't like how the front spoiler on my Big Horn sits so low, and it's a 4x4. I love the skid plate that comes with the Outdoorsman. I love the Ram box, and whichever I decide to get, that's an option I'll have installed for sure. Along with the rubber flooring; Ideally I'd love to have a 2016 Ram Outdoorsman 1500 in Dark Forest Green, 8-inch screen(which comes standard), and Ram Box. But the Blackouts are so sharp. And if I was to get one, the 8-inch screen would be a must, with Ram Box, and probably 5.7" bed. I really can't decide, guys. Which would you guys go with and why?

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
The 6' bed is a little longer wheel base on a CC so harder to park but it's not awful. I have filled mine up several times on road trips, very glad I did not get the short bed. With the extra weight the 3.92 gears would be nice to have but I recently towed a travel trailer with my 3.21's and it was fine even in the hill country. If it's just the screen I would swap that out and not deal with trading in.

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will tell you black seems to scratch very easily. Or at least mine does.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
On half tons the black edition is express model, to get the nav with blacked out projectors you have to step up the the sport, but you are still going to be attached to some chrome until you remove it. As far as a 6'4 bed on a crew cab half ton to me the only down side is its over 20ft so it won't fit in a standard garage like a quad 6'4 bed or crew 5'7.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The Black Forest Green is an awesome colour, it would have been my next choice. 6.4 bed was my choice and I'm glad, but I have a QC. 8.4 screen is nice , I have the nav ready but I think it's pricy to get flashed.