Just bought 2015 2500 6.7 what now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dohhn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
Hello! Got the truck today and I was wondering what most people do to the truck after purchase. Also, is there something other than the alpine x009- ram that we can use for an aftermarket radio to replace the uconnect?

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Welcome and Congrats on your cummins.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Here at Ram forum we swap trucks, so let me know when I can come get it.

jwin1845

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Throw a 8" long arm kit on it then slap some 37x13.5 tires around the wheels then sit back and soak in all the eyes that will be molesting your truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Congrats! Great truck. I just got my truck about 2 weeks ago now. I love it. Yes i drive it, but sometimes at night before bed, do i go out to my shop to tuck her in for the night? Oh you better belive it! Lol!

I do love looking at it though. These are still the best looking trucks in my opinion

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would suggest posting a few pics of your truck (congrats) and the RF crew will be sure to provide some insight as to what your truck could be

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welc Me and congrats on the new truck

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to RamForum.

Those Alpine systems are a bugger to work on and even harder to replace. I wasn't too sure about mine at first but the more I use it, the more I like it.

What sorts of things would you like to do? Aesthtics? Suspension? Performance? My neighbor has a 2015 Cummins powered 2500 and turned it into a real beast.

He leveled it, got some nice XD rims and LT325/75r18 BFG's put on, got a cold air intake , did the DEF delete with new pipe and tuned it with EFI Live. It really changed how the truck drives, runs and looks.

1quick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Go find the biggest trailer you can rent , then go to lowed and purchase as many pallets of concrete you can fit on it. Then drive it to the shop and get some train horns installed. Once done , go to Walmart and get a poster board. Write "my truck is bigger than yours " and tape it to the back of the trailer. Then drive faster than everyone on the freeway while you have a loaded trailer. Grin, repeat until maximum satisfaction has been achieved.

OP
OP
D

dohhn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
hahaha I love the comedy! Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and the sarcasm.
Id like to have just a general idea of what may be a good idea for the truck for winter conditions. Ill be moving to Alaska in July and want to prep the truck as best i can now before I get up there. Aesthetically speaking I quite like the way it looks now but wouldn't mind a different set of wheels. More importantly though are the seats. I was thinking about swapping the current seats out with Laramie seats. Are they more comfortable? Is it worth the swap?
Next question is about performance. I would like to hear from those of you who have received and efi live tune. How do you like it? Who is recommended? I live in panama city and there is a local tuner(Hardway performance) that could do the work but I'd like to shop around and hear experiences before I tune it. Should I worry about the warranty or just say the heck with it? Thanks again!

OP
OP
D

dohhn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
Also, I must admit I am a Chevy fan and am new to the world of cummins. Because of the screaming deal I got on this truck I couldn't pass it up and I'm liking it so far.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
I also just traded my chevy for this ram and love it so far. My chevy was a good truck too. Pros and cons to each, but i do love this dodge

You can't beat the Cummins. It's the best diesel of the big 3 in my opinion