Just bought my first Ram!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all! As the title says yesterday I just bought my first truck and so far damn I'm in love with the thing. It's a 2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi. It has all the options I wanted. Backup camera, Bluetooth, satellite radio, the digital display for the speedometer, tire pressure etc. This thing feels like a beast. This is coming from someone who has only owned a 2003 Saturn sedan my whole life (25 now). But I do have a simple question about this truck...

So the dealership said it's a tradesman right, well it has that black out package to it. The whole truck is black, emblems are black, has the 20 inch black factory rims, and the sport LED headlights etc... I thought this package only came available with an express? The car history report shows (tradesman/express). I think maybe the dealership had it advertised wrong and this is actually an express??

Tldr;

-OP buys truck and it's awesome
-dealership says it's a tradesman
-OP notices it's all blacked out from factory
-doesn't the black out package from factory only available for the express trim???

I couldn't care less which trim it is tradesman or express because as I said I love the look of the truck, and the options that came with it.

Thanks for your time!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
The express is technically a tradesman? You do have the black out edition express

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
CONGRATs on your New to you RAM and WELCOME to the group! I am also new to RAMs , picked up my 2015 SLT Nov 2016 .. LOVE it
:)

Attachments

• DSC00245.jpg
    DSC00245.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 77
OP
OP
Itsalifestylee
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The express is technically a tradesman? You do have the black out edition express

Yeah I thought it was an express for sure. On the paperwork the word express is completely left out everywhere.

OP
OP
Itsalifestylee
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
CONGRATs on your New to you RAM and WELCOME to the group! I am also new to RAMs , picked up my 2015 SLT Nov 2016 .. LOVE it
:)

Your truck looks sick! Thanks a lot! As of now, I'm facing the trouble of modifying the truck without voiding the warranty :( but there is a lot I'd like to do!

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
See the picture below, that is a Express with the Black Express package, which as already was said is an package upgrade from a Tradesman.

I bought it because I like that the badges were striped off and had options I liked such as projector headlights , LED taillights, and backup cam. All Rams are created equal, but because tastes are with the individual some like more bling then others.

Enjoy your purchase.

Last edited:

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Your truck looks sick! Thanks a lot! As of now, I'm facing the trouble of modifying the truck without voiding the warranty :( but there is a lot I'd like to do!

Thanks , Now the pics are showing up I can see you RAM LOVE the black very cool again Congrats :favorites13:

repo4sale

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7diesel
Welcome young man. Be light on the gas pedal to avoid tickets, no drugs or booze​ & avoid a criminal record!! Don't want to be a misdemeanor mellinnials​ member!

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats and welcome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Itsalifestylee
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks , Now the pics are showing up I can see you RAM LOVE the black very cool again Congrats :favorites13:

Thanks Rado! I was in the market looking for a truck for well over a year!

OP
OP
Itsalifestylee
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome young man. Be light on the gas pedal to avoid tickets, no drugs or booze​ & avoid a criminal record!! Don't want to be a misdemeanor mellinnials​ member!

Haha absolutely!!! But I'll tell you what, I floored it and that thing threw me to the back seat!!! Very wise words. Thanks

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6

Very good words :) I would also like to add pay your bills to avoid the Repo man lol

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Very nice, congrats. Looks good

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member