Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Dodge Ram Generations Forum > 4th Gen : 2009 - Present > General Discussions


General Discussions

Just Got My Butt Kicked


This is a discussion on Just Got My Butt Kicked within the General Discussions forums, part of the 4th Gen : 2009 - Present category!
Originally Posted by scubabill You also don't have struts FYI. Make sure they also changed your blinker fluid. Ohhhhh...Almost got ...


Like Tree15Likes

Sponsored By: All Mopar Parts
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2017, 10:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
 
ss12108's Avatar
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New York (Land of the not-so-free)
Age: 32
Posts: 570

Ram Year: 2013
Engine: Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Default
Originally Posted by scubabill View Post
You also don't have struts FYI. Make sure they also changed your blinker fluid.
Ohhhhh...Almost got me there!



Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk


Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.
ss12108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 706

Ram Year: 2015
Engine: Hemi 5.7
Default
lol I think the shop got you because you don't have struts
scubabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
 
ss12108's Avatar
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New York (Land of the not-so-free)
Age: 32
Posts: 570

Ram Year: 2013
Engine: Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Default
Originally Posted by scubabill View Post
lol I think the shop got you because you don't have struts
You're crazy @scubabill...I like you, but you're crazy.

I'm pretty sure I've got struts (or I do now at least haha), but I'm an accountant not a mechanic so I could be wrong!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
ss12108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 12:22 AM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 706

Ram Year: 2015
Engine: Hemi 5.7
Default
Originally Posted by ss12108 View Post
You're crazy @scubabill...I like you, but you're crazy.

I'm pretty sure I've got struts (or I do now at least haha), but I'm an accountant not a mechanic so I could be wrong!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Stick to accounting. Unless you have some crazy suspension, you have front and rear shocks - not struts.

I'd go back to your "mechanic" because it sounds like you paid for something you don't even have.
scubabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 12:53 AM   #15 (permalink)
 
ss12108's Avatar
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New York (Land of the not-so-free)
Age: 32
Posts: 570

Ram Year: 2013
Engine: Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Default
Pretty sure you're wrong about that brother...Maybe you're thinking of earlier year Rams?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
ss12108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 05:26 AM   #16 (permalink)
 
shibby927's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The Great State of Iowa
Posts: 1,326

Ram Year: 2016
Engine: 5.7L Hemi
Default
I may be wrong, my mechanical skills are not that developed, but don't the RAMs have a front strut and spring assembly?
huntergreen, ss12108 and OnSale like this.


__________________
2016 RAM 1500 QC 4x4 Big Horn 5.7L Hemi. 3.92 Gears, LED Conversion, Lund Genesis Tonneau, Linex Bedliner, EGR Vent Visors, CAF Mod, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Stubby Antenna, Winblink LED Tailgate Bar, Huskyliner Weatherbeaters.
shibby927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 08:53 AM   #17 (permalink)
 
ss12108's Avatar
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New York (Land of the not-so-free)
Age: 32
Posts: 570

Ram Year: 2013
Engine: Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Default
Originally Posted by shibby927 View Post
I may be wrong, my mechanical skills are not that developed, but don't the RAMs have a front strut and spring assembly?
They do, but what do I know? I forgot to ask them to check my blinker fluid! 😜

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
shibby927 and Casper like this.
ss12108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:07 AM   #18 (permalink)
 
shibby927's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The Great State of Iowa
Posts: 1,326

Ram Year: 2016
Engine: 5.7L Hemi
Default
Originally Posted by ss12108 View Post
They do, but what do I know? I forgot to ask them to check my blinker fluid! 😜

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Well damn it. You better get back there and order a new 710 cap while you're at it.


__________________
2016 RAM 1500 QC 4x4 Big Horn 5.7L Hemi. 3.92 Gears, LED Conversion, Lund Genesis Tonneau, Linex Bedliner, EGR Vent Visors, CAF Mod, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Stubby Antenna, Winblink LED Tailgate Bar, Huskyliner Weatherbeaters.
shibby927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:12 AM   #19 (permalink)
 
ss12108's Avatar
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New York (Land of the not-so-free)
Age: 32
Posts: 570

Ram Year: 2013
Engine: Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Default
Originally Posted by shibby927 View Post
Well damn it. You better get back there and order a new 710 cap while you're at it.
I remembered to have them use the orange wiper fluid...Heard it gives you a 5 HP bump at WOT when you have a hemifever tune.

In all seriousness, I have zero desire to get in arguments on here, but the RAM has front struts and rear shocks like you mentioned. I don't know that just because I know it...I know it because I saw it on the lift yesterday and I have 0 reason to distrust the person who took care of the services haha

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
ss12108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:38 AM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Name: steve
Age: 59
Posts: 686

Ram Year: 2016
Engine: hemi 5.7
Default
Originally Posted by ss12108 View Post
I actually don't know. I go to our local Mavis instead of the dealership because of how poorly the service was at the dealership. The Mavis is the last privately owned non-franchised location and I know a couple of guys there so I've had a pretty good experience with them on 3 different vehicles.

I'll see if I can figure it out tomorrow. Something I should keep an eye out for or just curious?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
i was just curious . tks
huntergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ram Kicking Butt tug Engine & Performance 14 07-15-2012 04:08 PM
Pardon me... is my butt showing? Trupiano Exterior 25 07-07-2012 11:02 AM

<




GM Truck Forum
Ford Raptor Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
Chevy Cobalt Forum
Chevy Camaro Forum
Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Ford Truck Forum
88-98 GM Truck Forum
73-87 Gm Truck Forum
Ford Expedition Forum
Chevy Equinox Forum
Chevy Cruze Forum
Jeep Liberty Forum
Jeep Forum
Dodge Ram SRT10 Forum
Chrysler 200 Forum
Scion xD Forum
Scion xB Forum
Dodge Challenger Forum
SRT Forum
Nissan Titan Forum
Buick Enclave Forum
Cadillac Forum
Cadillac XTS Forum