Just picked up an R/T yesterday. Loving the truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TarPaper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport Black Edition 1500
Engine
Hemi V8
Beautiful

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
They put the forged 22s on the sports now.
Sports come loaded anyways. Just like a R/T or vise versa!!

and the R/T with the 5/6 speed came with a higher stall and gears. The 8 speeds don't come with a stall

Thats not true. A loaded sport would be every option added. A base sport dosnt even have a sport hood or 3.92's. which is standard on an R/T.. I'm not even sure if an R/T is its own trim anymore, it may just be a package. Its hard to check because on DealerConnect here in NewEngland they do not offer R/T's, they need to be special ordered so its impossible for me to see the factory base build sheet for one. However I know I am 100% right on my facts about the Sport trim, as I just looked them up in DealerConnect today, all of the things listed that an R/T has are marked as "add on's" for a Sport.

In the sense of trim vs trim then yes a sport is loaded when compared to an Express or a Big Horn, but even a loaded Big Horn has more options then a base Sport.

"Loaded" means every option/package selected for that trim.

Last edited:

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Thats not true. A loaded sport would be every option added. A base sport dosnt even have a sport hood or 3.92's. which is standard on an R/T.. I'm not even sure if an R/T is its own trim anymore, it may just be a package. Its hard to check because on DealerConnect here in NewEngland they do not offer R/T's, they need to be special ordered so its impossible for me to see the factory base build sheet for one. However I know I am 100% right on my facts about the Sport trim, as I just looked them up in DealerConnect today, all of the things listed that an R/T has are marked as "add on's" for a Sport.

In the sense of trim vs trim then yes a sport is loaded when compared to an Express or a Big Horn, but even a loaded Big Horn has more options then a base Sport.

"Loaded" means every option/package selected for that trim.

The only options you don't see on sports is the memory package and leather seats for which includes the vented seats. Maybe the front park assist but I don't the R/T can even get that.

This goes back to my whole point. There's nothing special about the R/T over a Sport RAM. If you like the looks of the R/T which is what KCaudill seems to be talking about. Get a Sport.

Again, Same options has a Sport
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/664926950/overview/

Not sure where you get loaded from?

ernbrdn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you order a regular cab short bed sport, it automatically becomes an RT with now way to change engine, gear ratio, etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The only options you don't see on sports is the memory package and leather seats for which includes the vented seats. Maybe the front park assist but I don't the R/T can even get that.

This goes back to my whole point. There's nothing special about the R/T over a Sport RAM. If you like the looks of the R/T which is what KCaudill seems to be talking about. Get a Sport.

Again, Same options has a Sport
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/664926950/overview/

Not sure where you get loaded from?

There are some other differences other than appearance
Quoted this from this forum.

R/T's have the "Sport" hood standard or challenger hood.
4:10 gears with LSD.
Forged 22's.
Progressive rate springs. ( Didn't know this and really wonder its truth and wish I still had mine stock ones then)
Different valving in the shocks. (this makes sense if it has progressive rate springs)
2600 stall converter. (heard this from a few people but cant find any official evidence)
And they're the only regular cab with the full console.

And as I read through and research more is seems that the older 545&645rfe's had the different TC.... not sure on if they still have or even came with Different springs and such

If I have a chance while at the dealer tomorrow I will see if they can dig me up part number on the springs

Last edited:

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2014+ have 3.92's and same stall, no difference between sport and R/T with in that regard.

In Canada on build and price 2016 Sport Reg Cab 4x2 automatically gains RT wheeels and 3.92's it's not even an option nor does it say RT anywhere on the build and price. Then you can select comfort group, remote start, 8.4 nav, bedliner, trailer hitch, etc. Is 39,995 after $5,500 rebate.

Last edited:

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
all im saying is the r/t comes with different standard equipment then a sport.

sports are not as "loaded" as people think, dealerships just order them well equipped.

I wish ALL sports had the same standard equipment as the R/Ts tho..

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

sports are not as "loaded" as people think, dealerships just order them well equipped.

Edit - went into the USA site, build and price. Select 2016 Ram Sport 4x2 and there ya go, RT wheels and grille, 3.92's $35,985.

Unless it's different for you guys in America, RCSB 4x2 Sport is a R/T.

Edit- did a build and price on the USA site. There is no RT model listing.

Build and price a 2016 Sport Reg Cab 4x2 automatically defaults to RT just like the Canadian build and price.

Last edited:

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
^^ I JUST did this.. No wonder I could not find it in DealerConnect......... ok so, case closed. an R/T is a Sport 4x2 RCSB, HOWEVER... The features that come STANDARD on an R/T do not come standard on a sport QC or CC.. <-- thats all I was getting at :)

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There are some other differences other than appearance
Quoted this from this forum.

R/T's have the "Sport" hood standard or challenger hood.
4:10 gears with LSD.
Forged 22's.
Progressive rate springs. ( Didn't know this and really wonder its truth and wish I still had mine stock ones then)
Different valving in the shocks. (this makes sense if it has progressive rate springs)
2600 stall converter. (heard this from a few people but cant find any official evidence)
And they're the only regular cab with the full console.

And as I read through and research more is seems that the older 545&645rfe's had the different TC.... not sure on if they still have or even came with Different springs and such

If I have a chance while at the dealer tomorrow I will see if they can dig me up part number on the springs

and half that comes on the sport now and the other half doesn't apply to the 13+

No sports don't come loaded like a laramie but I've yet to come across a sport with less options than a R/T. Minus the hood, but majority of sports have the hood.

^^ I JUST did this.. No wonder I could not find it in DealerConnect......... ok so, case closed. an R/T is a Sport 4x2 RCSB, HOWEVER... The features that come STANDARD on an R/T do not come standard on a sport QC or CC.. <-- thats all I was getting at :)

Funny you mention this. I was wondering why R/T wouldn't show up as a trim when I was on cars.com.

And I'm not comparing a R/T to a base, SLT, Big horn whatever RAM. I'm comparing to a SPORT!!!

Which it's even clearer now that there the same thing because they list R/Ts as Sports now. R/Ts not even a trim level anymore.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I know your comparing it to a sport. and my statment stands. an R/T comes with more standard features than a "Sport". whether it be the sport hood, and wheels ONLY, those are still STANDARD features that are OPTIONS on the Sport - my point... you're killin me man! hahaha

Smurfkiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had my R/T for about a month now. i really like it. my first full size truck. i have built a few square body s-10's with v8's. Had a 02 s-10 complete magazine type custom and a 02 s-10 extreme blazer that i did everything i could without having to repaint the majority of the truck. (i.e. no shaved handles, or welded rollpan etc.) i have had a bunch of sports and muscle cars.Two months ago I drove a R/T from dealership to our shop for some custom paint work. I decided thats it im bored with my turbo cadillac i want a truck that is fun to drive. i didn't really like giving up the backseats but not a biggy as before the caddy i had a corvette so no kids in there either. I like the 400hp in a full size yes it no where near as quick or fast as pretty much anything iv had before. but i really kinda going back to the mini truck ideas with this. just focus on the cosmetics. i might get bored and supercharge it. but prob not i dont plan on keeping it more than 2 yrs. but then again daily i think about doing it as a shop SEMA build and going crazy on it. headers, blower, shaved everything custom paint , bagged and the pirelli 405/25/24s out back. but for now im happy.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know your comparing it to a sport. and my statment stands. an R/T comes with more standard features than a "Sport". whether it be the sport hood, and wheels ONLY, those are still STANDARD features that are OPTIONS on the Sport - my point... you're killin me man! hahaha

We will agree to disagree. hahahaah

MidnightRambler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
That R/T is sexy man, but I'm getting a sport for the kiddies and the wife :baby:. I think I'll still have a huge grin on my face when they hand me the keys. :happy107: