key reprogramming question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I still have the old ones but they won't don't work any more. Not sure about the dball. (Is that like dznuts? ) jk.
I must be tired & couldn't resist.

Wouldn't mind hearing more about reprogramming used remotes to a 2013+ truck. Dealer claimed they were coded once only, but we know the dealer isn't always right.

Sent from my LG G4 on Tapatalk.
My buddy told me today that he talked to a local dealer and they told him just bring in his ebay fob and they would program it to his truck no problem , he doesn't even need to make an appointment

OP
OP
lmeavtitn

lmeavtitn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Rebel
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Your reprogrammed key fob was previously used on a different truck?

Edit:
Looks like the answer is yes:

yes, it was used originally on my 14 ram 1500. so now i have an extra fob that unlocks/starts/locks my truck. it doesn't have the remote start or the lowering feature but i'm okay with that. it's just an extra set i'll keep in my boat.

Sportram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4 CC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I got the used fob off of Amazon reprogrammed this morning all functions work including remote start. They did charge me $75 bucks. I expressed my displeasure at the price so he knock off $10 bucks. lol

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Boy was he in the Christmas spirit