Leather seats are in need of help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yamifz1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram 4x4 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2010 Sport with leather seats ( so they say, it's bonded leather I think) and the drivers seat is starting peel. I was wondering if anyone has dealt with this issue before and if you have any recommendations. I have thought about seat covers but am not sure what I would use as the seats are heated and cooled so I would need perforated leather. Anyone got suggestions?

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I had the same on my 2010 where I slide in and out of the drivers seat. Each individual cover can be ordered from chrysler and you remove the old one and replace it with a new one over the factory foam. Not cheap though and a bit more work to swap it rather than cover it. I paid around 300 I think for the drivers seat lower only, which was the only one I wore out in my truck. Most upholstery shops can swap it for you as well.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Depending on what you want to spend you could always look at Katzkin leather. It's kind of expensive but, unlike a cover, actually replaces your current seat material. Supposed to be really nice leather.

OP
OP
Yamifz1

Yamifz1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram 4x4 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the same on my 2010 where I slide in and out of the drivers seat. Each individual cover can be ordered from chrysler and you remove the old one and replace it with a new one over the factory foam. Not cheap though and a bit more work to swap it rather than cover it. I paid around 300 I think for the drivers seat lower only, which was the only one I wore out in my truck. Most upholstery shops can swap it for you as well.

That may be the way to go. I'm exactly the same, where I slide in on the drivers side is worn.

OP
OP
Yamifz1

Yamifz1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram 4x4 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Depending on what you want to spend you could always look at Katzkin leather. It's kind of expensive but, unlike a cover, actually replaces your current seat material. Supposed to be really nice leather.

Have been looking at them and they are pricey, guess it all depends on how much the seat fraying bothers me. I have been living with it for a few years now, just thought it was time to start looking at my options.

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
Clazzio covers go right over your old seats. Whole new interior is like 500 bucks. You tube it. Katzkin makes factory replacement but they require you to take old covers off. Think they are 900 for entire interior?? Check them out maybe??

TTU14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had an old car with the same problem. Found a replacement seat at a pick n pull lot for like $100 and swapped it in.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For future reference - I use RAM seat towels - they protect my seats well from sweat and water and what not. Seats still look new at 50k.