Leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Django

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hello all, I'm new to the forum. Gonna go straight to the point. I bought a used 2011 mega cab 2500 with hemi 5.7 4x4 and I want to upgrade tires from 265 70r17. I ordered a Hell Bent Steel 2in leveling kit. Now I am looking for tires and I THINK I'm going with 285 70r17 but I'm having trouble deciding what brand. I tow 8000 lb TT maybe 2-3 times a year. Looking for a m/t tire since I hunt a lot here in south Texas.

Is that tire just right for 2in lift?
Will it fill tire well good enough?
Duratrac...nittos.....toyos?

I will appreciate the feedback. I've been surfing looking for answers for 2 months and just wanna do it. I keep doubting myself due to lots of people having problems with gear problems....wobble...

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
With the 2" level you can go up to a 35" tire on that rig with no problem.

I've used Toyo AT's, Toyo MT's, BFG KO2's and Cooper Discoverer STT's on my MegaCab and Crew Cab Rams. I really liked the Toyo AT's for highway mileage but I have to say the KO2's surprised me with how quiet they are and how well they wear on the road.

You can get all three I mentioned in a load range E to insure good performance for towing.

There are a lot of other good tires out there so good luck with your research and choice.

OP
OP
D

Django

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I wanted ask the forum about putting a smarty or bully chip in my 2500 5.7 hemi 2011. Just a very basic chip I have no mods on this truck everything is stock. I am waiting on the leveling kit and 285 70r17 tires to come in. Is it worth it I already get bad mileage with this megacab. Maybe just something with little more horses maybe increase mpg if possible. OR should I just leave as is?

I would greatly appreciate the info.

carl0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Duratracs are not an MT. They are like a hybrid of AT and MT.