Lien

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Guys,

The truck am interested shows it had a Lein on it before and car proof shows that. Dealer showed another letter which shows Lein cleared.Is this enough proof that the Lien has been cleared on the vehicle (or) how can i verify further?

The dealer is saying he can give a letter from the bank saying lein cleared and also another individual carproof of Lein which shows Lein cleared. Is this safe to buy?

OS

cbsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Any vehicle that was purchased with a bank loan will likely have a lien on it until,the loan is paid off. A vehicle previously having a lien isn’t an issue as long as it is paid off before you buy it. Any decent bank or finance company will verify the lien has been removed before they loan you money for the truck as they will want to put their own lien on it to protect their investment.

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
I am buying my cash. Dealer is not sure whether car proof will say is cleared, but promised to give a letter from the institution that lien is cleared. Is that enough proof?

WarrenRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
I don't see why you couldn't contact the lien holder yourself to get confirmation and a letter, unless there are privacy laws or something. In Missouri, as long as you have a letter from the lien holder stating that the lien is gone, you're good to go.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If the Dealer has a clean title it could be that the lender is slow on processing the paperwork. So, if the Dealer shows you a clean title with the proper vin I wouldn't be concerned.

SHOOT2KILL

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015...2500H.D.
Engine
Is the dealer an actual FCA dealership or some roadside roach hole independent...Either or...I think I would just take a pass and move on to bigger and better fish in the sea...

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
CMP is a big new and used car dealer. I don't believe you have anything to worry about, that is why people buy from the dealer. They would be responsible for clearing any liens etc. before they sell the vehicle.

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Thanks

Guys,

Dealer sent a clean carproof, but whining for $50 he has to spend. All good and thanks alot friends.

OS

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
I just went to varsity dodge for a 85 point inspection and those morons charged me $159 + tax and finally billed me for $220 in the evening...cant believe how they play. Finally i spoke with the mgr and he went back $159 + taxes. Do you guys suggest any good dodge dealers (or) Mechanics for RAM maintenance in Calgary?

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know one of the tricks dealers do is take a trade in and if there is a lien on it and they think they can sell it really quick they just let that lien go as long as they possibly can hopefully using new buyers money to pay off the lien. I had this happen to me once and the dealer kinda got an attitude with me and I just said ain't my problem man, you want the title, pay off the lien like you were supposed to.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd RUN Away
if they want you to pay for proof on paper work, I think there not worth dealing with
Just my thoughts

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Dent

Guys,

How much does it cost to fix a dent on the rear bumper? pic attached.
Any good body shopping places in Calgary?

OS

Attachments

• car dent.jpg
    car dent.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
looks like bumper is pushed in as well.
By pushed I mean maybe the bracket needs straightened or replaced.

Last edited:

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I'd contact the listed Lienholder to find out if they are free and clear of the title.

Also, the lienholder will have to sign the title before it's transferred to certify they no longer have any financial ownership of the unit.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Guys,

The truck am interested shows it had a Lein on it before and car proof shows that. Dealer showed another letter which shows Lein cleared.Is this enough proof that the Lien has been cleared on the vehicle (or) how can i verify further?

The dealer is saying he can give a letter from the bank saying lein cleared and also another individual carproof of Lein which shows Lein cleared. Is this safe to buy?

OS

dont know where your from, but in NYS the dealer is correct. you take the copy of the title with the lien and an original copy of the letter from the lienholder(bank) stating that the lien has been satisfied to the DMV when you go to register the truck. you are issued a clean title. pretty common. otherwise they have the pay the new title fee and wait however many weeks it takes to come in. the lienholder does not need to sign the title. only the owner on the title.

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guys,

How much does it cost to fix a dent on the rear bumper? pic attached.
Any good body shopping places in Calgary?

OS

Bumpers generally are not fixed they are replaced. You would be better off to find a new bumper, have it painted to match and install it yourself. Body work is expensive in Calgary. It has been a long time since I have had body work done so I can't give you any recommendation. I would just see who has the best reviews and use them.