Lifetime maxcare warranty and lift kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bdersch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys,

I just up clay Robbins for a quote today on a maxcare warranty as I'm about 5k miles from 36k miles. I was asking him about lift kits and whether or not they will void the warranty.

He said that he thinks the lift even if it's a Mopar installed lift will void the warranty since it's considered a performance Part.

Does anyone have a lift kit with the maxcare warranty? Have you had any issues??

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
some dealers do not void warranties due to lifts and other add ons and some do. i believe a lot has to do with your relationship with dealer. i don't see how a lift could void the entire warranty. would be pretty hard to not replace a radio due to a lift. talk to your service manager and see how they feel.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
what was your quote btw? thanks

75th Rangers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also interested in what the quote was

Edit: also from what I've been through with warranties. In order to refuse coverage they have to prove the modified parts in some way caused the mechanical failure or contributed to it. However, this is not difficult to do. A dealer can easily say your lift generated more stress on component x and therefore is no longer covered. Unless it's something like your radio fails. But you're going to void alot of the mechanical powertrain pieces through a lift kit

16laramie4wd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2 inch max is what the small print says... basically just a leveling lit and i paid 2450 for mine

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

lukedukem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Remember, they have to prove the lift caused the failure.

Luke

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
They would have to prove the modification caused the failure. So basically they could come back and say certain suspension parts aren't covered but if something is wrong with the engine it should be covered. Thats how I understood it. When I talked to Mopar Directly about the lifetime I was told the Mopar 2 inch "lift" with up to 35 inch tires would be covered.

OP
OP
B

Bdersch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was quoted $2865 from clay... $3100 from ziegler... and $4400 from MOPAR (what a joke).

I honestly really only want the warranty cause of the electrical, engine, transmission and transfer case components. There is so much dang technology in these trucks now that if anything breaks or quits working its going to be expensive. im not too worried if its voids some of the suspension components because well its a lift kit and ill have to maintain it anyways. I just dont want to buy it and take it and have them say sorry cant help you its voided cause you have a lift.

I for sure can see how they have to be able to show me how my lift kit or larger tires has caused the part to fail or quit working. I guess you could make a case that lift kit and bigger tires stressed the tranny/ engine and caused failure... but i could always come back and be like this trucks rated to tow much more weight than what my tires weigh... if you are saying the extra lbs from my tires caused too much stress and broke the engine or tranny then thats poor quality on their end right? or am i stretching here?

i need to stop into my actual dealer sometime to get their quote and talk about the lift kit option. plus i need to get my spare tire carrier fixed before warranty is up.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was quoted $2865 from clay... $3100 from ziegler... and $4400 from MOPAR (what a joke).

I honestly really only want the warranty cause of the electrical, engine, transmission and transfer case components. There is so much dang technology in these trucks now that if anything breaks or quits working its going to be expensive. im not too worried if its voids some of the suspension components because well its a lift kit and ill have to maintain it anyways. I just dont want to buy it and take it and have them say sorry cant help you its voided cause you have a lift.

I for sure can see how they have to be able to show me how my lift kit or larger tires has caused the part to fail or quit working. I guess you could make a case that lift kit and bigger tires stressed the tranny/ engine and caused failure... but i could always come back and be like this trucks rated to tow much more weight than what my tires weigh... if you are saying the extra lbs from my tires caused too much stress and broke the engine or tranny then thats poor quality on their end right? or am i stretching here?

i need to stop into my actual dealer sometime to get their quote and talk about the lift kit option. plus i need to get my spare tire carrier fixed before warranty is up.
Stretching lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Bdersch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Stretching lol.

haha i figured... i just cant imagine they could truly claim that an engine failure or tranny failure was a result of larger tires.

in all reality though im pretty much getting the warranty for the electrical componentes #1 as those are always expensive to fix, and then the engine/ tranny/ transfer case.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
haha i figured... i just cant imagine they could truly claim that an engine failure or tranny failure was a result of larger tires.

in all reality though im pretty much getting the warranty for the electrical componentes #1 as those are always expensive to fix, and then the engine/ tranny/ transfer case.
Pushing a engine failure on a lift would be pretty lame, but tranny, case, diffs, joints, bearings etc I personally can see there point. But yeah warranty is a great thing to have (or so I've heard lol)

OP
OP
B

Bdersch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pushing a engine failure on a lift would be pretty lame, but tranny, case, diffs, joints, bearings etc I personally can see there point. But yeah warranty is a great thing to have (or so I've heard lol)

I definitely can see the argument from the stand point that the lift and tires voids most suspension parts.

Guess the best thing to do is just stop by the dealer and talk to someone face to face. I'd even pay the extra money for the Mopar lift if it's covered. I want to do 6" minimum of 4" though.

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Read the fine print on page 54 & 55.

https://www.mopar.com/etc/designs/mopar/pdf/MoparPerformancePartsCatalog.pdf

MOPAR® BASIC LIMITED WARRANTY
Except as noted below, Mopar® Parts and Magneti Marelli
Offered by Mopar parts installed by an authorized FCA US LLC
dealership, including Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, Ram, FIAT®
and Alfa Romeo locations, are warranted against defects in
workmanship or materials for 24 months/unlimited miles for
both parts and labor. Mopar Parts sold wholesale to an
automotive service facility and installed by a professional
technician are warranted against defects in workmanship or
materials for 24 months/unlimited miles for parts and up to
$150.00 in labor. Mopar Parts and Magneti Marelli Offered by
Mopar parts sold over-the-counter for vehicle owner or
do-it-yourself installation are warranted against defects in
parts exchange only.

Mopar Parts and Magneti Marelli Offered by Mopar parts
replaced on an FCA US LLC vehicle still covered by the FCA US
LLC New Vehicle Basic Limited Warranty are warranted for the
remainder of the 3-Year/36,000-Mile New Vehicle Basic
Limited Warranty, or for the Mopar 24-Month Basic Limited
Warranty from the original installation date, whichever is more
favorable to the customer.
The Mopar Basic Limited Warranty covers the cost of towing a
vehicle to the nearest authorized FCA US LLC dealership if the
failure of a covered part causes the vehicle to be inoperative.
If a Mopar part or a Magneti Marelli Offered by Mopar part is
installed in an FCA US LLC vehicle by an authorized FCA US LLC
dealer, and if, while that part is still under warranty, it causes
other parts to be damaged or to fail, those other parts will be
repaired or replaced under warranty, regardless of whether the
other parts were covered by an FCA US LLC warranty at the
time of failure.

These warranties are the only express warranties made by
FCA US LLC for Mopar Parts and Accessories and Magneti
Marelli Offered by Mopar parts. Except where prohibited by
law, this warranty is the sole and exclusive remedy. No person,
including a dealer or employee of FCA US LLC or its affiliated
corporations, has the authority to vary or change these
warranties.

Mopar® Parts and Magneti Marelli Offered by Mopar parts
sold with a separate manufacturer's warranty are not eligible
for the Mopar warranty. Warranty information on these parts
is provided with the part or in its packaging. Examples include:
Garmin navigation, TomTom navigation, Katzkin leather, Koss
headphones, truck bedliners, paint sealant and fabric
protection.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 4" lift and the lifetime maxcare.........asked about it before I purchased and yes I read the fine print.

OP
OP
B

Bdersch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Read the fine print on page 54 & 55.

https://www.mopar.com/etc/designs/mopar/pdf/MoparPerformancePartsCatalog.pdf

MOPAR® BASIC LIMITED WARRANTY
Except as noted below, Mopar® Parts and Magneti Marelli
Offered by Mopar parts installed by an authorized FCA US LLC
dealership, including Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, Ram, FIAT®
and Alfa Romeo locations, are warranted against defects in
both parts and labor. Mopar Parts sold wholesale to an
automotive service facility and installed by a professional
technician are warranted against defects in workmanship or
materials for 24 months/unlimited miles for parts and up to
$150.00 in labor. Mopar Parts and Magneti Marelli Offered by
Mopar parts sold over-the-counter for vehicle owner or
do-it-yourself installation are warranted against defects in
parts exchange only.

Mopar Parts and Magneti Marelli Offered by Mopar parts
replaced on an FCA US LLC vehicle still covered by the FCA US
LLC New Vehicle Basic Limited Warranty are warranted for the
remainder of the 3-Year/36,000-Mile New Vehicle Basic
Limited Warranty, or for the Mopar 24-Month Basic Limited
Warranty from the original installation date, whichever is more
favorable to the customer.
The Mopar Basic Limited Warranty covers the cost of towing a
vehicle to the nearest authorized FCA US LLC dealership if the
failure of a covered part causes the vehicle to be inoperative.
If a Mopar part or a Magneti Marelli Offered by Mopar part is
installed in an FCA US LLC vehicle by an authorized FCA US LLC
dealer, and if, while that part is still under warranty, it causes
other parts to be damaged or to fail, those other parts will be
repaired or replaced under warranty, regardless of whether the
other parts were covered by an FCA US LLC warranty at the
time of failure.

These warranties are the only express warranties made by
FCA US LLC for Mopar Parts and Accessories and Magneti
Marelli Offered by Mopar parts. Except where prohibited by
law, this warranty is the sole and exclusive remedy. No person,
including a dealer or employee of FCA US LLC or its affiliated
corporations, has the authority to vary or change these
warranties.

Mopar® Parts and Magneti Marelli Offered by Mopar parts
sold with a separate manufacturer's warranty are not eligible
for the Mopar warranty. Warranty information on these parts
is provided with the part or in its packaging. Examples include:
Garmin navigation, TomTom navigation, Katzkin leather, Koss
headphones, truck bedliners, paint sealant and fabric
protection.

So kind of what I'm seeing is that if it's a Mopar installed part sold to me that it should be covered?

Also clay emailed back and said that it should only void the suspension and nothing else if I dint use Mopar

Outdoors76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

from the dealer i was Quoted below:

"The Chrysler lifetime unlimited would cost $3395.00 plus sales tax and the caregard 72 month 125000 mile would run $1989.00 plus sales tax.
Both are a wrap police that has coverage like the factory 3 yr 36000 . Both carry a $100.00 deductible ."

Also he told me on the phone that a bilstien level was fine but they would not replace the bilstein only a factory shock.
Also said that a 1.5" body lift and 35's would be fine but no body lift over 3" and no suspention lift.

$3400 seems a little pricey compared to what i read he told me the end price quote goes by vin with original purchase date and miles. also if you change your own oil KEEP the receipts for everything!

cbsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The extended warranties are treated differently than factory warranties in that they aren’t covered by the Magnusson-Moss act and the dealer does not have to prove the aftermarket part caused the issue. They can cancel the entire maxcare warranty just for noticing you have gone outside the terms of it.

Outdoors76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The extended warranties are treated differently than factory warranties in that they aren’t covered by the Magnusson-Moss act and the dealer does not have to prove the aftermarket part caused the issue. They can cancel the entire maxcare warranty just for noticing you have gone outside the terms of it.
makes sense..

if i had known about them before purchase id have negotiated one in with sale.

in 7 months i put almost 13k on my new truck so i will be thru the 36k in no time at all.

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
makes sense..

if i had known about them before purchase id have negotiated one in with sale.

in 7 months i put almost 13k on my new truck so i will be thru the 36k in no time at all.

Available online at better prices.