"Lifetime Maximum Care Protection Plan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sgtglenn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Diesel
Lifetime Maximum Care Protection Plan for 2017 Dodge Ram 3500 4X4 Dually; 6.7 Diesel.

Is it worth the expense if you intend to keep the truck and is the price negotiable?

RumRunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought it was worth it, so I got it. Yes they are negotiable, many threads here on what people have paid for them and prices vary greatly.

I plan on keeping this truck for a long time, but if I thought it would be less than 5 years I probably would get a shorter term or not get one at all.

Avgas

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
No lifetime warranty on diesels

Reactions: RWW

muzupan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram1500 Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is correct! I was just told this this morning by a district manager from Ram.

You can get a six-year 125000 mile warranty on the diesel. I did that because I bought my diesel used. It was not so much the engine and transmission I was worrying about it but the electrinics electronics. And I've already got 38,000 miles on my diesel

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The best price I've found on the FCA Chrysler Maximum Care warranty was direct from Chrysler Contracts on Mopar.com

Two of mine have paid off and the amount of the repairs, less deductible, was more than the warranty cost me.

spoon059

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Are you guys allowed to post prices paid for some of these? I bought my 2015 used, but have another 3 years and 70K miles left on my factory warranty. I could be interested in purchasing an extended warranty before mine expires, just curious about price.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Are you guys allowed to post prices paid for some of these? I bought my 2015 used, but have another 3 years and 70K miles left on my factory warranty. I could be interested in purchasing an extended warranty before mine expires, just curious about price.

You likely only have that 70K and 3 years on powertrain and the MaxCare is like a bumper to bumper warranty. You may still be able to get in if you're under the 3/36 factory bumper to bumper if that's what you're looking for.

Basically, you can get anything from powertrain only to bumper to bumper. Also, different deductibles change the premium.

When I bought my 6.4 Hemi in March 2014 I paid 2300 for the Lifetime Maxcare with 100 deductible. From reading a few posts here it seems like the similar thing is up around 2600-2700 now.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The best price I've found on the FCA Chrysler Maximum Care warranty was direct from Chrysler Contracts on Mopar.com

Two of mine have paid off and the amount of the repairs, less deductible, was more than the warranty cost me.

They could not beat Clay Robbins @ Zeller motors when I priced them out

I got mine at the 4 yr point, and it was 2500 give or take. Lifetime Maxcare, $100 deductible

Last edited:

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You likely only have that 70K and 3 years on powertrain and the MaxCare is like a bumper to bumper warranty. You may still be able to get in if you're under the 3/36 factory bumper to bumper if that's what you're looking for.

Basically, you can get anything from powertrain only to bumper to bumper. Also, different deductibles change the premium.

When I bought my 6.4 Hemi in March 2014 I paid 2300 for the Lifetime Maxcare with 100 deductible. From reading a few posts here it seems like the similar thing is up around 2600-2700 now.

bumper to bumper ??? not even close.

I have lifetime maxcare, and it is not even close to bumper to bumper. Lots of things that are not covered, like normal wear items. But most of the expensive things are covered.

Last edited:

spoon059

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
bumper top bumper ??? not even close.

I have lifetime maxcare, and it is not even close to bumper to bumper. Lots of things that are not covered, like normal wear items. But most of the expensive things are covered.
I imagine he means bumper to bumper as in your 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty. Your 3/36 doesn't cover wear items either.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I imagine he means bumper to bumper as in your 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty. Your 3/36 doesn't cover wear items either.

Could be, but even then, it's not as comprehensive......3/36 covers more stuff.

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
In case you're still looking for a warranty check out this site - http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/

Factory warranties at steeply discounted rates. Showed it to the dealer when I bought my truck and he said he'd match the price so I could include it in my payments but only if I promised never to tell anyone about it (oops haha)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
In case you're still looking for a warranty check out this site - Genuine Mopar Vehicle Protection Warranty - Save $$ Today

Factory warranties at steeply discounted rates. Showed it to the dealer when I bought my truck and he said he'd match the price so I could include it in my payments but only if I promised never to tell anyone about it (oops haha)

you could have financed it for 2 years at 0%.

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
you could have financed it for 2 years at 0%.
I bought my Sport almost 4 years ago...Not sure if that option was available at the time.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
In case you're still looking for a warranty check out this site - Genuine Mopar Vehicle Protection Warranty - Save $$ Today

My dealer wouldn't even sell it to me...they wanted me to buy some 3rd party stuff.

I was told they didn't sell it, and didn't know anything about it.....and even after I told them it was a done deal as long as they met the price or were close, they wouldn't even call me back.

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
My dealer wouldn't even sell it to me...they wanted me to buy some 3rd party stuff.

I was told they didn't sell it, and didn't know anything about it.....and even after I told them it was a done deal as long as they met the price or were close, they wouldn't even call me back.
I used to work for a larger firm and one of the biggest clients was a 3rd party warranty company. I was told (never first hand) that they openly admit that it's so difficult to file claims with them that they barely have to pay out on anything haha.

The prices on that site are really good and they are Chrysler factory warranties. That company follows the same strategy as the really large auto groups. If you sell enough volume, the bonuses from the manufacturer at month and and year end can be so large that selling at or near cost (or even at a "loss") can be more profitable then trying to squeeze every dollar out of a deal. The warranties work the same way.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963