Lifetime Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have seen several folks mention a lifetime warranty on their Ram over the past couple weeks. I decided to contact the finance guy at my dealer yesterday to see if this is something that is offered, or just by certain dealerships.

The finance guy told me Chrysler does offer Lifetime warranties on their vehicles (extends the manufactures warranty for the life of the vehicle). He told me he could put together a price for me since I am still within 30days of my purchase.

Right now, I currently paid:

$2,495 for Unlimited Time/100,000 miles

To add the lifetime warranty would be:

$100 deductible and extra $1,475.28
$200 deductible and extra $1,150.65

My question to you fellow RAM/Chrysler owners, is it worth me spending the extra $1,100 to $1,400 to upgrade to the lifetime warranty from the Unlimited Time/100,000 miles?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
I purchased a lifetime warranty for my truck at the dealership I got the truck from and I paid like $2,600 total for it with $100 deductible. I have used the warranty twice for small things but it's saved me like $800 bucks and got me a free rental. Chrysler will pay out on the warranty until the vehicle's value becomes less than what the cost of the repair would be, and in that case would give you that value in cash and say see ya. So if your truck is 15 years old and needs a new engine, youre prob out of luck. Still not a bad deal though to take a *** of cash from them.

Also take note, you can cancel the warranty at any time and receive a pro-rated refund. But if you have used the warranty for big stuff, the refund will be minimal and once you reach a certain point you will basically get back nothing. I think it's measured in years and/or vehicle value. Its all in the fine print, I just can't recall. Someone else can probably chime in on that.

Last edited:

Jimmyjoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bought my lifetime max care for $2300 with $100 deductible from Ziegler Chrysler/Ram in Michigan. I live in Illinois. Did everything over the phone. The process took about 10 minutes. FYI FCA wanted $3600 for the exact same policy. I can't remember the contact's name at the dealership but I'm sure someone will chime in.

The lifetime warranty isn't transferable so only you can decide if it's worth it. I knew I was going to keep my truck at least 10 years as it will become my youngest truck when he starts driving and I put a lot of miles on my vehicles (94,500 on my 2014 that I purchased on 8/30/2014).

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
At the right price it is well worth it.

trip1027

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I bought with my truck in 2012 for $4200 with 182k miles I have had the front diff and the driveline off of it replaced costed me $100 saved over $3000

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have seen several folks mention a lifetime warranty on their Ram over the past couple weeks. I decided to contact the finance guy at my dealer yesterday to see if this is something that is offered, or just by certain dealerships.

The finance guy told me Chrysler does offer Lifetime warranties on their vehicles (extends the manufactures warranty for the life of the vehicle). He told me he could put together a price for me since I am still within 30days of my purchase.

Right now, I currently paid:

$2,495 for Unlimited Time/100,000 miles

To add the lifetime warranty would be:

$100 deductible and extra $1,475.28
$200 deductible and extra $1,150.65

My question to you fellow RAM/Chrysler owners, is it worth me spending the extra $1,100 to $1,400 to upgrade to the lifetime warranty from the Unlimited Time/100,000 miles?

Thanks!

1) if it is worth it is 100% up to you

2) when you get it has nothing to do with any 30 day window...you can get it any time up to 4 yrs from the date you bought the truck

3) getting it earlier doesn't save much money either really. I got mine @ 48 months and 16k miles. I paid 150 bucks more than if I had got it @ 3 months & <2k miles.

4) SHOP AROUND....your dealer is likely NOT the cheapest person to get it from. I got mine from Clay Robbins ([email protected]), and so have lots others on here....he was the cheapest by a longshot when I was shopping

5) I paid $2580 for lifetime w/100 deductible. The numbers you are throwing out means you will pay a lot more, like in the $3800-$3900 range....if it were me, unless you KNOW you are keeping it past 100k, I'd leave what you have the way it is

As to the refund on a lifetime.........there is none after the 1st 60 days or so. The time frame for a refund starts from the day the vehicle was put in service....or the day you got it...NOT the day you buy the warranty. So, in my case, the day I got the warranty, it was 'in service' for 4 yrs already, and at 7 yrs, the ONLY refund you get is $25, and that's if you haven't used it.

The moral is, don't plan on getting any refund on it.......

Other non-lifetime plans have different refund rules......but they all start at the vehicle in service date, or the date it was purchased the 1st time. IE, had I got the 7 yr plan, I'd have paid the full price for it, but only gained 3 yrs of warranty, cuz the truck was 4 yrs old. Keep this in mind if buying less than lifetime.

I chose lifetime for mine cuz of the following reasons:
1) I don't drive it much, and know it will be much newer than it appears, and will last a long time
2) Too much electronic stuff on them now-a-days and it is all intertwined heavily that are very expensive or replace or repair
3) I have already had some minor issues with the trans (shifter really) that had me looking into the cost of repairs
4) I don't want to have to be working on it...if I can pay $100 and have it fixed....awesome
5) I had the money
6) This will likely be the last new truck I get as I'll be retired when it's time to replace it (if that time arrives)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Curlyp

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought my lifetime max care for $2300 with $100 deductible from Ziegler Chrysler/Ram in Michigan. I live in Illinois. Did everything over the phone. The process took about 10 minutes. FYI FCA wanted $3600 for the exact same policy. I can't remember the contact's name at the dealership but I'm sure someone will chime in.

The lifetime warranty isn't transferable so only you can decide if it's worth it. I knew I was going to keep my truck at least 10 years as it will become my youngest truck when he starts driving and I put a lot of miles on my vehicles (94,500 on my 2014 that I purchased on 8/30/2014).

1) if it is worth it is 100% up to you

2) when you get it has nothing to do with any 30 day window...you can get it any time up to 4 yrs from the date you bought the truck

3) getting it earlier doesn't save much money either really. I got mine @ 48 months and 16k miles. I paid 150 bucks more than if I had got it @ 3 months & <2k miles.

4) SHOP AROUND....your dealer is likely NOT the cheapest person to get it from. I got mine from Clay Robbins ([email protected]), and so have lots others on here....he was the cheapest by a longshot when I was shopping

5) I paid $2580 for lifetime w/100 deductible. The numbers you are throwing out means you will pay a lot more, like in the $3800-$3900 range....if it were me, unless you KNOW you are keeping it past 100k, I'd leave what you have the way it is

As to the refund on a lifetime.........there is none after the 1st 60 days or so. The time frame for a refund starts from the day the vehicle was put in service....or the day you got it...NOT the day you buy the warranty. So, in my case, the day I got the warranty, it was 'in service' for 4 yrs already, and at 7 yrs, the ONLY refund you get is $25, and that's if you haven't used it.

The moral is, don't plan on getting any refund on it.......

Other non-lifetime plans have different refund rules......but they all start at the vehicle in service date, or the date it was purchased the 1st time. IE, had I got the 7 yr plan, I'd have paid the full price for it, but only gained 3 yrs of warranty, cuz the truck was 4 yrs old. Keep this in mind if buying less than lifetime.

I chose lifetime for mine cuz of the following reasons:
1) I don't drive it much, and know it will be much newer than it appears, and will last a long time
2) Too much electronic stuff on them now-a-days and it is all intertwined heavily that are very expensive or replace or repair
3) I have already had some minor issues with the trans (shifter really) that had me looking into the cost of repairs
4) I don't want to have to be working on it...if I can pay $100 and have it fixed....awesome
5) I had the money
6) This will likely be the last new truck I get as I'll be retired when it's time to replace it (if that time arrives)

Thank you everyone for you replies.

Holy cow! You both paid less for your lifetime than I paid for my 100K warranty.

I had no idea you could buy a warranty from another dealer. I thought you had to purchase it from the dealer you bought your truck from.

I am glad I reached out to the community before I would get ripped off by my dealer. Thankfully, our state laws (Ohio) allows us to cancel vehicle warranties and get a refund. I should cancel my 100K warranty and buy the lifetime for the cost I paid for the 100K!

Others that have purchased the lifetime warranty, would you please provide me the information for that dealer? I would like to cal a few places and get some quotes.

KCaudill

The RAM
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would ask for a refund for the warranty and then go buy it from Mopar or another dealer. I did the same as you., they said it would be over $1000 extra for it if i bought from them. I got a refund and went to another dealer and bought it, Cost me only $50 out of pocket. I have the $100 deductible life time max care

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I posted all you need to know....email Clay at the email added I put in my post...he will get you set up.

Keep in mind, I paid what I did partly because I did wait 4 yrs.....should be a little cheaper if your truck is as new as you say.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would ask for a refund for the warranty and then go buy it from Mopar or another dealer. I did the same as you., they said it would be over $1000 extra for it if i bought from them. I got a refund and went to another dealer and bought it, Cost me only $50 out of pocket. I have the $100 deductible life time max care

I agree get a refund on it. they will keep a little but its prorated.

You can get them from where ever you want however if you get it at the time of purchase you can roll it into your loan where is if you get it after the fact you have to pay for it.

on a side note tell your dealer exactly what you are going to do. they may match the prices listed above.

OP
OP
Curlyp

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I posted all you need to know....email Clay at the email added I put in my post...he will get you set up.

Keep in mind, I paid what I did partly because I did wait 4 yrs.....should be a little cheaper if your truck is as new as you say.

Thanks. Yes it is. I purchased it 3 weeks ago! My first truck ever! Hahah

I sent clay an email and I am waiting on his response. I will let you know what he says.

OP
OP
Curlyp

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree get a refund on it. they will keep a little but its prorated.

You can get them from where ever you want however if you get it at the time of purchase you can roll it into your loan where is if you get it after the fact you have to pay for it.

on a side note tell your dealer exactly what you are going to do. they may match the prices listed above.

Will do. Thank you.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
FYI, I was told by my dealer that the lifetime refunds take Chrysler 4-8 weeks to send you a check. They can take your money in 20 seconds though.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
FYI, I was told by my dealer that the lifetime refunds take Chrysler 4-8 weeks to send you a check. They can take your money in 20 seconds though.

To save that much, I could wait.....

Ya got till 48 months old to buy the warranty.......

SHOOT2KILL

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015...2500H.D.
Engine
Just a reminder...If you decide to install a plow on the truck after you purchase a LIFETIME warranty, it will VOID that warranty...NO SNOWPLOWS ALLOWED...BUT...You can tow a 40,000# trailer for as long as you can get away with it...Just don't get caught...

silver surfer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tried to email Clay and he never got back to me. Wound up getting my lifetime warranty from James "Sottty" Scott at CR Motors. Paid about $50 more. $2735.00. 26000 miles on a 2015 Express 1500.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just a reminder...If you decide to install a plow on the truck after you purchase a LIFETIME warranty, it will VOID that warranty...NO SNOWPLOWS ALLOWED...BUT...You can tow a 40,000# trailer for as long as you can get away with it...Just don't get caught...

no snowplows allowed on a 1500, not sure about other models.....but even then they can't void the whole warranty unless they can prove the plow caused the damage.

I tried to email Clay and he never got back to me. Wound up getting my lifetime warranty from James "Sottty" Scott at CR Motors. Paid about $50 more. $2735.00. 26000 miles on a 2015 Express 1500.

huh...every time I've emailed him (including this morning over a challenger I'm looking at), he's gotten back to me within 24 hrs

Last edited:
OP
OP
Curlyp

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
huh...every time I've emailed him (including this morning over a challenger I'm looking at), he's gotten back to me within 24 hrs

I emailed him this morning at well. I haven't heard back from him yet. I called the dealer and the receptionist said he is not in today. Hopefully he will get back to me tomorrow.

OP
OP
Curlyp

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Where is CR motors?

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I emailed him this morning at well. I haven't heard back from him yet. I called the dealer and the receptionist said he is not in today. Hopefully he will get back to me tomorrow.

Strange.....I emailed him this morning @ 0820, and he replied @ 1055

give him a day or so... he is busy......