Line-X: indestructible

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any one tried Bullet Liner? It is half the price, supposed to be better and from the original creator of Line-X. Thinking about getting my truck sprayed with it.

I've heard the same. I plan on going that route when I finally get a liner. $400 OTD for Bullet and its supposedly the same product as Line-X premium which runs $600 OTD in my area.

CAP LOCK KID

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport QC 4x4
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Like a lot of finish materials... It's only as good as the prep work.

I've seen Line-X come off in sheets, but it's typically on a truck that had it applied long after the truck was new, which tells me their was a spill of some sort, that wasn't properly degreased, scuffed etc.....

I'd definitely agree with you on the prep work but i give an assist here to the designers that put the lip in such a crappy location.

Everything sliding out hits the lip. I know its a stiffener, but they should have done a better job with it.

RamWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I paid 500 cash. They came to my shop. Grabbed my truck. And brought it back in 4 hours. Now, 2 years later I have slivers of line x hunker off my tailgate. Almost looks like someone too a blade to it. The bed has been fine so far. Couple engines. Animals and steel have been tossed back there. But it almost looks like they didn't spray the tailgate to give it a thick enough coat

spoon059

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Well there is also different types of lineX
There's standard, premium and pro.

So maybe you cheaped out...

The only difference between standard and premium is that premium adds an additional layer that is a UV protectant.

The pro version is a relatively new version that is advertised as 300% tougher... so even Line-X admits that their regular product that they tout as "indestructible" isn't as good as they say...