Line-X Initial Impressions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Granite-1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have had my truck for about a year now, and just recently got around to getting my Line-X bed liner sprayed in. So I called around to a few places and the place I went with had one of the cheapest prices, and seemed to be an upstanding establishment. It's name is Line-X of Houston, and it is up on 45, North of the airport and almost to Spring. Well I got the quote from them and scheduled an appointment, and was quoted approx. 2 hours from when I walk in to when I would walk out. I didn't mind waiting at all, but after one hour the owner of the shop came and told me it was ready, and I thought no way! Sure enough it was done, and he took me to the truck and showed it to me and we looked for spots of over-spray and he mad sure I was satisfied, and then I payed and was on my way. The experience I had at this place was absolutely astounding, I have never experienced anything like that level of customer service at a truck/parts store. They will absolutely get my business and references in the future. Now to the liner itself, it looks great! I was having a hard time choosing between Line-X and Rhino Liners and I am very happy I went with Line-X, it feels like it will literally last forever! Overall I am a very happy customer, and of course here are the pictures!

Attachments

• IMG_0353.jpg
    IMG_0353.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0354.jpg
    IMG_0354.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 115

MR.Z06

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Now all you need is a bed rug.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Line x

Had it in my 2011 ram 1500 still looked like new when I traded it in this year. Just had it sprayed in my 2016 2500 I love it and it's almost indestructible.

MR.Z06

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Over the bedliner?

Didn't know people did that. Thought it was one or the other. Guess it wouldn't hurt.

Yeah I did.
I had the bed liner sprayed in the day after I bought the truck and the bed rug was in after 3 days.
I wanted the extra protection just in case something poked through the bed rug.
Plus water does get in the bed so any scratches would just rust under the mat.

I figure the only way to have the best of both world is to have both.

I bought 15 extra feet of Velcro take to secure it in the bed better.
I planned all the additions before I had even taken delivery of the truck
so when I brought it home I already had all the aftermarket parts there waiting to go on.
The only thing I have left to put on is the 360* view cameras.

OP
OP
Granite-1500

Granite-1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah I did.
I had the bed liner sprayed in the day after I bought the truck and the bed rug was in after 3 days.
I wanted the extra protection just in case something poked through the bed rug.
Plus water does get in the bed so any scratches would just rust under the mat.

I figure the only way to have the best of both world is to have both.

I bought 15 extra feet of Velcro take to secure it in the bed better.
I planned all the additions before I had even taken delivery of the truck
so when I brought it home I already had all the aftermarket parts there waiting to go on.
The only thing I have left to put on is the 360* view cameras.

That's a very interesting idea, I never thought of doing that. I imagine it'll just stay the way it is, saving up for other stuff at the moment :happy107:

Dr. Righteous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Mine has the optional factory plastic bed liner and at first I thought it would be a crappy sloppy fit bed liner I've seen in the past but actually it is nice with a nice fit and a solid hard surface. Its a keeper.

nards444

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did herculiner a little while ago. Fit and finish looks great, next question is durability.

Juniorss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks good. We did a red line-x spray in liner on a work truck at work and it faded to an orange/pink. Hopefully the black holds up better.

MR.Z06

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's another reason I got the bed rug as well as the spray in.
When I sell I can take the bed rug out and the line x should look new since it will have been covered since new.

BlkZrx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 SLT Std. cab
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My Line X liner was 450 (8 foot bed), not over the rail, cheaper then the one I had done in 06..

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Man you guys have it good in the US! I was quoted $550 from the rails down..on a 5.5' bed. All the line-x guys quoted the same thing up here.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Express SN95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I loved the Line x in my 2012. It held up to all kinds of loads to include pallets of flooring being dragged across it. My 2016 will eventually get the same Line x sprayed in. Around here the price seems to be between $485-$500.

OP
OP
Granite-1500

Granite-1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I payed $453 out the door which was less than I had anticipated/budgeted for so that's always good :)

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Got my Line-X done for $375.

Any monkey can tape and spray. It's all in the prep as to how durable / long it will last.