Longhorn questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rblochli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Traded my 12 Laramie for a 16 Longhorn at the end of the year - love the truck! Added a BakFlip, cabin airfilter (had the door, just needed the element), and Ram molded mudflaps (which I think I'm going to paint body color after the winter) I can't get over how nice the interior is. Couple questions -

I'm thinking of adding the chrome door moldings for some parking lot protection (park at a train station and it gets full), not sure if it would be too much with the longhorn emblem on the doors - anyone remove those? Are they just stuck on with adhesive tape?

The belt buckle clasps on the back of the front seats - I'm sure some people like those, but they aren't exactly my style - anyone remove those? I tuck them in now. I was thinking of removing them and adding a simple chrome or leather button or leaving them tucked in.

Thanks,

Bob

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Pic of belt buckle clasps on the back of the front seats?

OP
OP
rblochli

rblochli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
IMG_1728_zps8hesen9j.jpg

IMG_1729_zpsa4v7x1rx.jpg
looks like I have to remove that one rivet and then get something to accept a magnet for the catch

Last edited:

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Yes you can just pull the Longhorn decal off, others on here have done that.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure what your thoughts are on the factory side steps but they actually offer great "parking protection". It's the only reason I haven't swapped them for some Amp power boards.

FireRob

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 DRW Longhorn
Engine
Cummins 6.7 AISIN 4.10
I agree with you on the buckles on the seat backs. When I first saw them it made me think of a woman's purse. The good news is their only visible from the back and I don't have to look at them all the time, and when I do I guess I have just gotten used to them. They no longer bother me. Currently own my second Longhorn truck and still love the interior

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
IMG_1728_zps8hesen9j.jpg

IMG_1729_zpsa4v7x1rx.jpg
looks like I have to remove that one rivet and then get something to accept a magnet for the catch

Ahh ok. I never knew about those. I get the idea since it is a longhorn but I really wouldn't like them either if it was my truck

magic280z

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truck Tech on PowerNation did an episode where they removed the Hemi Ram decals using a heat gun and fishing line to essential cut the adhesive (you can view all their episodes online). You don't want to just pull you could damage the paint. You at least want to use some heat, but not too much.

Unfortunately they've only done like 4 episodes on the Ram. Really wish Truck Tech and Extreme Offroad would move on from Chevy, Ford, and Jeep. I've seen enough Jeep rebuilds there are more 4x4 vehicles out there.

Sam

OP
OP
rblochli

rblochli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Thanks all - I'll post if I end up doing anything, glad to know the badges are only held on by adhesive. Like FireRob said, maybe I'll just get used to the buckles.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like the buckles, unique to the Longhorn trim.