Looking at a 2017, have a problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
I came up on a Ram the other day going down the hwy that had his up, I got about 4 cars behind him and hit the brakes.
Wife asked what I was doing and I then informed her that we almost hit his ghost trailer and it was a close call...
:crazy:

i leave my mirrors up on my 3/4 ton just to see how many people get so unbelievably worked up over a mirror, i bust out laughing when it happens, all my trucks have tow mirrors whether folded up or down for the increased visibility, but my show truck that is only 2" off the ground and has them, and whenever i hear someone talk about tow mirrors i will flip em up and again the laughter on my part begins, people actually get mad at the mirrors, it has brought me much fun and amazement how people get offended over mirrors *****!

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
it is funny how upset some people can get about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04GlKHG9T_E

it absolutely is, there have been a few times someone actually confronted me about them and by the time one got done griping i had tears running down my face trying to not bust out laughing, and i told the guy while i still had tears running down my face and while having small burst of laughter come out while i said it "you just wasted 15 mins of your life because a vehicles mirror has absolutely pissed you off, and further more you think that telling me how they **** you off will make me fold them in between trailer towings so that you will be happy, he just said "f***k you and your tow mirrors" and walked away, and thats when i couldnt contain my laughter, i had to actually sit down i was laughing so hard what just happened

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
It is funny how people get so worked up over it, but yet you dont hear of anyone saying crap about chevy or fords with tow mirrors..lol
I dont care for the looks of them folded out but with s trailer on they are super nice to have.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Nice, I work in Spring Hill but live out by Hillsdale lake ,Love it out here nice and peaceful. Been out here since 94.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
It is funny how people get so worked up over it, but yet you dont hear of anyone saying crap about chevy or fords with tow mirrors..lol
I dont care for the looks of them folded out but with s trailer on they are super nice to have.

i know of at least 15 chevy trucks with dodge ram tow mirrors custom fitted to their trucks lol, and one tacoma :crazy:

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
sorry had to post this

1659139547447240_3627247626084586045_o_zpsdt52yjk1.jpg

I love this one!

bfc73f349bdf2902809d0fa518d6baf5.jpg

Sickem

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500-Express 3.92's w/ anti-spin
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those mirrors look awesome on lifted trucks. They are very desirable.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jared4.7

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
Got denied. Salesman said they could swap them but absolutely no power options will work. Plus, no guarantee on any of it after the fact.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
From what I have been reading you do haft to have them program the mirrors with a sales code. It also cost for thrm to do it.
But it is doable for sure lots of people swap mirrors out.

OP
OP
Jared4.7

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
From what I have been reading you do haft to have them program the mirrors with a sales code. It also cost for thrm to do it.
But it is doable for sure lots of people swap mirrors out.

Only problem I see with that is the service guys having problems or not being able to figure anything out...

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
lol could be.

I will haft to find out if Olathe Dodge can hook me up I will have to buy some before summer hits and I start pulling my big camper.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i leave my mirrors up on my 3/4 ton just to see how many people get so unbelievably worked up over a mirror, i bust out laughing when it happens, all my trucks have tow mirrors whether folded up or down for the increased visibility, but my show truck that is only 2" off the ground and has them, and whenever i hear someone talk about tow mirrors i will flip em up and again the laughter on my part begins, people actually get mad at the mirrors, it has brought me much fun and amazement how people get offended over mirrors *****!

It don't get me worked up, just gives me a laugh cuz it looks dumb....and it tells me the person doing it must have money to burn, cuz them big tow mirrors cost my 97 12v 3500 dually 1/2 mpg due to the larger air resistance when driving. I bet it's doing the same for the gassers (or worse).

Only problem I see with that is the service guys having problems or not being able to figure anything out...

It's not that they can't figure it out....they just don't want to.

It is easy to do, and I'd go to a different dealer if I was you.

When I put 2004 tow mirrors on y 97, everything worked just fine, and it would on yours too. The only thing they'd have to program should be memory & power folding. Everything else should work just by swapping them over.

And you not liking tow mirrors, well, that's up to you, but typically, the 3.92 gears & tow mirrors go together.

Last edited:

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
It don't get me worked up, just gives me a laugh cuz it looks dumb....and it tells me the person doing it must have money to burn, cuz them big tow mirrors cost my 97 12v 3500 dually 1/2 mpg due to the larger air resistance when driving. I bet it's doing the same for the gassers (or worse).

It's not that they can't figure it out....they just don't want to.

It is easy to do, and I'd go to a different dealer if I was you.

When I put 2004 tow mirrors on y 97, everything worked just fine, and it would on yours too. The only thing they'd have to program should be memory & power folding. Everything else should work just by swapping them over.

And you not liking tow mirrors, well, that's up to you, but typically, the 3.92 gears & tow mirrors go together.

the newer rams have to have the computer programmed to match the mirrors it has on the truck, otherwise the mirrors may act alittle crazy (mirrors adjustments may not be correct when folded up) groing from tows to regular mirrors im not sure since thats not a very common thing for most to do. on the 3rd gen and lower rams it was literally a bolt on swap.

and how they look is all in opinion, i think some rams look off with em and some rams they look right at home on, it all just depends on the vibe of the truck, on my show truck they look goofy folded up so that only happens when i wana troll someone lol, my red truck is the only one which they run up 24/7 thats because its a hauler and flipping my mirrors between tows to appease someone is dumb and why re-adjust your mirrors all the time honestly, but also i have 4th gen tow mirrors on my 3/4 ton so that i have clearance lights so people can watch out lol

Last edited:

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So op, did you find an answer to your situation ?

F.O.F

OP
OP
Jared4.7

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
So op, did you find an answer to your situation ?

F.O.F

Yea, for the most part. I dont want to battle with a dealer trying to figure out sales codes and messing with multiple trips to the dealer I buy from or to one that actually knows how to use Chryslers software to get the mirrors figured out. I think im just going to forget about the Alpine setup and get a truck that has the all the other options I want, including the regular mirrors and 3.92 gears.