looking to buy 2015 ram . goods and bads about the 2015 ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dodgefatherramdaughter90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking at the 2015 ram sxt crew cab 5.7 hemi . is their anything I should know about it ? Has anyone had problems with it so far ? All comments are welcome . the more comments the better !

Danimal77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I purchased my 2015 Sport back in late February. 5 months/2700 later it has been Flawless! I had a 03 Laramie, 08 Sport and a 12 sport before this 2015...so I'm pretty happy with them. This 2015 is just so much better in every way than the previous 3. I cant say enough good things about my experience thus far. Good luck in your decision!

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
My 2015 has been great so far. Only issue was a tailgate lock going in and out but now it's fine, fixed itself I reckon. Paint is good, interior is great and ride is amazing. I recommend looking for a truck with 3.92's as the heavier models can be a bit sluggish with light throttle. Just drive both 3.21 and 3.92 equipped trucks if you can find them to compare.

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Odds of getting a "bad one" are greatly reduced for 2015 (and 4th gen). I've had a 92 Dakota, 2002 Ram and now the 2015 Sport. All very solid trucks. Love the Sport so far with a little over 4,000 miles on it. New ones have come a long way in creature comforts and quality of materials. I also opted for the 3.92 gearing.

Indaram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have owned a 2014 Express 3.6L v6 and recently traded it for a 2015 Sport 5.7L v8 Hemi.. They are both awesome trucks.

Decide what you're going to use it for then make a choice on what to go for. The v6 has pretty good getup and go if you get it with the 3.55 gears and is rated to tow around 7,300 LBS

The 5.7 Hemi will pull around 8,600 lbs with the 3.21 gears or 10.5kish with the 3.92 gears.

My v6 averaged around 17.5 city and about 24 on the Hwy. I have not had the 5.7 Hemi long enough to give you good data on mpg for it. (have not even used 1 tank of gas yet LOL)

Or you can wait for a 2016 model year as I heard they close out orders for 2015's in September so you can get a 2016 soon.

All that said... they are awesome trucks. Try and get what you want right from the start!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
New 2015 Bighorn here, 380 miles on her...LOVE IT!

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Only down side I know of would be the tuning options for performance.

Yeah, although 99% of buyers don't care, you might be able to still find a few 2014 unicorns leftover and get a great deal. Have to be very willing to sacrifice on options and colors though.

Quint

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Big Horn 1500
Engine
5.7L v8 eTorque
I love my 2015. I've got almost 9k miles on it since late March. Many problems though, so I must have gotten the runt of the litter. If it worked great I would really love the truck.

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love my 2015. I've got almost 9k miles on it since late March. Many problems though, so I must have gotten the runt of the litter. If it worked great I would really love the truck.

Care to share your problems with the truck?

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
3700 miles on my 2015 and I love it!

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine

That makes no sense... hahhaha

Quint

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Big Horn 1500
Engine
5.7L v8 eTorque
1) Out of the box it had misaligned back doors. It took two attempts before they final broke the welds on the striker plates and fixed things correctly.

2) The first day(!) it was streaming transmission fluid onto the ground due to a bad tranny heater. It took me 100 miles of driving to notice though.

3) A week later I got the 911 button problem. They had to keep my truck for an entire week to replace the radio.

4) After the radio replacement, UConnect wouldn't work because they didn't do all of the updates that I specifically requested they do. That took another trip and another couple days in the shop.

5) The transmission has two minor issues that they can't resolve:
a) The truck lurches when shifting all the way from Drive to Park, as if you have your foot on the gas when shifting.
b) The truck stutters when creeping forward (such as at a highway entrance light), enough to stir your coffee well. This could be brakes of course.

6) The brakes squeal under light braking and they can't figure out why.

None of these are major problems, but it's had many trips into the dealership since purchase. So I do love the truck for many reasons, but hate the hassle of dealing with these problems. Hopefully that makes sense for ya

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
1) Out of the box it had misaligned back doors. It took two attempts before they final broke the welds on the striker plates and fixed things correctly.

2) The first day(!) it was streaming transmission fluid onto the ground due to a bad tranny heater. It took me 100 miles of driving to notice though.

3) A week later I got the 911 button problem. They had to keep my truck for an entire week to replace the radio.

4) After the radio replacement, UConnect wouldn't work because they didn't do all of the updates that I specifically requested they do. That took another trip and another couple days in the shop.

5) The transmission has two minor issues that they can't resolve:
a) The truck lurches when shifting all the way from Drive to Park, as if you have your foot on the gas when shifting.
b) The truck stutters when creeping forward (such as at a highway entrance light), enough to stir your coffee well. This could be brakes of course.

6) The brakes squeal under light braking and they can't figure out why.

None of these are major problems, but it's had many trips into the dealership since purchase. So I do love the truck for many reasons, but hate the hassle of dealing with these problems. Hopefully that makes sense for ya

Sorry to hear that man, I hope it all gets resolved. Mine is up to 2000 miles and it's been great other than a tailgate lock that fixed itself. I special ordered this thing and when it was slated to be built over the weekend I was really worried but so far no issues.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
One other thing is that the 15's have a much longer warranty(miles)period than the newer 16 models.
Jay