Looking at buying a 2014 sport ccsb!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sport1429

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey all, first post on here, looking at buying a 2014 sport ccsb, just found out they can only be ordered as a 8 speed. How is the trans working out? Any problems? Performance wise is the 8 speed quicker? I've done a fair bit of research and found out the 8 speed can't be revved higher than 4k when foot on the brake lol coming from a jeep srt8, wanna hotrod around.
Any help would be awesome!

Thanks!

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Unless you go with forced induction, I don't think you're going to ever enjoy the Ram the same way you would an SRT8... those SRT8 Jeeps... damn

OP
OP
S

Sport1429

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
yeah I know lol the jeep was a rocket. I guess just looking for feed back with the guys that have the truck. wanna know if it can lay a decent patch if I wanted to lol if not I'll go for the 2013 with the 6 speed.

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have the Sport crew cab (4x4) with the 6 speed and 3.55 rear end.

Even with the mods listed on my sig, it's not fast. It's strong, but I wouldn't call my truck fast.

If speed is what you're looking for, a crew cab full size truck probably isn't what you should be looking into lol.

Not trying to discourage you from buying this truck.
I love my Sport. Great ride, quiet cabin, capable and roomy.

But it is what it is, and it's not what it's not if it makes any sense

OP
OP
S

Sport1429

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
thanks for the info man. I know it's a truck lol I wouldn't be selling the jeep if I didn't have too. (boat and camper) just unsure if the 8 speed is more fun than the 6 speed. I know there not quick as they are crewcab pickups. just looking into if a 8 speed with the 3.92 axle would light the tires if I wanted to. love everything about these trucks so far. thanks for the replies !

Tuffguy707

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
thanks for the info man. I know it's a truck lol I wouldn't be selling the jeep if I didn't have too. (boat and camper) just unsure if the 8 speed is more fun than the 6 speed. I know there not quick as they are crewcab pickups. just looking into if a 8 speed with the 3.92 axle would light the tires if I wanted to. love everything about these trucks so far. thanks for the replies !

The 8 speed shouldn't be much different from a stop as the 6 speed as its more or less just two more od gears. the lower gears are about the same ratio as the 6 speeds.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
another problem is torque management and traction control. In stock form you won't spin much unless on wet pavement or in rocks

Rockgt302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2014 sport cc long bed with 3.92s. I was able to power brake it and get the ****** crap year tires spinning as long as TC is off. I switched to cooper zeons and now I get wheel hop if I try. Wet roads, can get them spinning. It's not the truck to go hot ridding around in, it's no slouch either.

OP
OP
S

Sport1429

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
that's what I was looking for! thanks man. picking up the truck on Friday. 2014 sport crewcab 8 speed with 392. kinda worried about the air ride other than that I'm stoked

Baja4701

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You're gonna love this thing.

I just got myself the 2014 Sport also. White with Black Leather, 6'4" Bed with liner and full length side steps. 32 Gallon Tank. Sweet ride. Technology marvel.

It's a truck but it gets from 50 to 90 like NOW!!!

I think the chick on the 8.4AN would rub my back if I asked her to. LOL.

Only drawback right now is the Uconnect Texting. You need a phone with Bluetooth MAP. My HTC One S isn't MAP. But my new one will be.

Baja4701

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
that's what I was looking for! thanks man. picking up the truck on Friday. 2014 sport crewcab 8 speed with 392. kinda worried about the air ride other than that I'm stoked

Also...When you go get it ask if it's got the 8.4AN latest software upgrade...

It's the 8.4AN-RA4 13.48.3 Version. Release Date 12/13/2013.

Taking mine in for the Upgrade this week. The screen tends to blackout after awhile but everything works still including the NAV.

Rockgt302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also...When you go get it ask if it's got the 8.4AN latest software upgrade...

It's the 8.4AN-RA4 13.48.3 Version. Release Date 12/13/2013.

Taking mine in for the Upgrade this week. The screen tends to blackout after awhile but everything works still including the NAV.
There's a thread in the audio section on how to do the update yourself, took me 15 minutes last night. The texting is cool but it stopped alerting me about an incoming text, after the update it worked again. I hope it stays working. It's better then the ford sync for the most part. I wish the song titles would show up on the dash when you have audio selected instead of just IPOD. I miss that from ford.