Looking for owner with high millage with ecodiesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
At $120 bucks I would be doing my own oil changes.

I just came out of a 6.7 so I know something about this topic, yes diesel resale is more but you will spend more on the Diesel to start with so that will balance out, then all the maintenance is more but you save some in fuel cost. Fuel cost is more on a gasser but maintenance is less and the cost of the truck is less to start with.

either way your spending the money so in the end its just what truck you want and or what your doing with it to what works better for your needs/wants.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
At $120 bucks I would be doing my own oil changes.

I just came out of a 6.7 so I know something about this topic, yes diesel resale is more but you will spend more on the Diesel to start with so that will balance out, then all the maintenance is more but you save some in fuel cost. Fuel cost is more on a gasser but maintenance is less and the cost of the truck is less to start with.

either way your spending the money so in the end its just what truck you want and or what your doing with it to what works better for your needs/wants.
It's only like $20 to have someone change it. For me that's well worth it. Now I don't have to get dirty, and they deal with taking the old oil to an oil recycling centre

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

brianw0048

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Fuel cost is more on a gasser but maintenance is less and the cost of the truck is less to start with.

I paid less for my ecodiesel than I did for my previous '14 F-150. And the F-150 was a stripped down STX with less options than what I have now.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Well your not even comparing trucks from the same company so that dont really count..lol

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
did you have oversized tires on your hemi ?
I get 14/15 mpg in town driving.

I had 35's on the one that got 11mpg, and it was a quad cab. I had stock tires on the one that got 15.9mpg and it was a standard cab. Still stock sized tired on the Eco. I wonder what a lift and bigger tires would to to the mileage

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I had 35's on the one that got 11mpg, and it was a quad cab. I had stock tires on the one that got 15.9mpg and it was a standard cab. Still stock sized tired on the Eco. I wonder what a lift and bigger tires would to to the mileage

Sure its going to drop off some, just has to with the added weight and height. Like your thinking the how much is the question.
I would think with the lower torque band and more as well it might not be affected as much as a gasser is.