Looking to swap to RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zrfraser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'm curious how you liked your experience at Ed Voyles. Its where I got mine, and for the most part I was happy with the experience. Had to play hardball with the salesman, who seemed offended when I wouldn't just take his price and be done with it. Good looking truck.

Well great news! I managed to find a much better truck than what I originally went for. I found a 2017 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Big Horn 4x4 with only 8k miles, it's in great shape, comes with the remaining bumper to bumper warranty plus its certified and comes with a 7 year, 100k mile power train warranty. This thing is practically brand new and originally listed at $44k. I managed to get it for a steal at $28k. It comes mostly loaded minus leather and the full floor console. However, it has the large screen dash, 8.4 uconnect, hemi engine with the 8spd, dual exhaust, well just about everything I could want in a truck. I am picking it up tomorrow and will post pics soon! Looking forward to joining the RAM family!

Here is the listing (it may be taken down soon): Certified Used 2017 Ram 1500 For Sale in Marietta GA | 1C6RR7GT3HS544571

Worst case, here is the build sheet on it: https://www.ramtrucks.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=1C6RR7GT3HS544571

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Looks like you found the right truck. Youll feel good firing up that Hemi every day.

Ive owned a lot of GMs but the Mopars are so much more fun and better all around vehicles IMO. Enjoy.

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like you found the right truck. Youll feel good firing up that Hemi every day.

Ive owned a lot of GMs but the Mopars are so much more fun and better all around vehicles IMO. Enjoy.

It is a good feeling! I get a smile on my face every time I fire up mine with the Carven Progress exhaust. Something about the loud aggressive fire up gets me going!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dRAMbuie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My 2014 was a great truck.

If you are going with the 5.7L with the 8-speed, check to see if the truck has the 3.92 gears. You'll be glad you got them. Have a dealer run the VIN for the equipment list.
I second this. Chances are, you'll end up wishing you had them if you don't get them.

**EDIT**
I really should learn to read through to the last page on these things.

Congrats on your purchase! I hope the new (to you) truck treats you well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mhedden94

mhedden94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm curious how you liked your experience at Ed Voyles. Its where I got mine, and for the most part I was happy with the experience. Had to play hardball with the salesman, who seemed offended when I wouldn't just take his price and be done with it. Good looking truck.

Actually it was a very pleasant experience! (mostly)

Now this standpoint is from the used sales part of the dealership.
When I went to them the first time, they mentioned the same thing regarding prices, that the internet price is the final price. I noticed other dealers around the area were similar with that. However, after looking around the area, they had the best price to features around. So I went back to them a second time, and the sales guy was awesome! We started to work out a deal with the truck I just posted Saturday. Well it turned into quite an ordeal. The truck I was planning on buying and picking up yesterday never arrived to the dealership, something to do with transit errors? So long story short, it was supposed to be here today and it still wasn't there. So at this point, I had made three long trips to the dealership and was about ready to give up and try another dealer but the manager decided since I went through all that trouble, he wrote up a new deal. He got me in a better optioned RAM 1500, this time with the full crew cab instead of a quad cab, discounting it to the price of the original that I came for, gave me the entire payoff amount for my Canyon that I was trading in plus some (yay no negative equity!), and threw in a 7 year, 100k mile bumper to bumper warranty! So needless to say, while it started out as a headache, it was well worth it in the end and I ended up with a way better deal! Overall, I'd go back again and it feels good to have that nice shiny RAM sitting in my driveway!

TL;DR - Used dealership sales guys were friendly, not pushy at all. Dealership screwed up the delivery of the truck I was supposed to get and ended up going above and beyond to resolve it to my benefit! Now I have the truck home with me in my driveway and I would definitely would buy from them again! :)

So for the thread, update, as per discussion above, I have a better RAM! Unfortunately there is no listing online to show you and it's too late to take pictures but I will try and have some uploaded tomorrow :)

zrfraser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The sales manager (probably the same one), is the one that closed to deal for me as well. We were getting ready to walk since me and the sales rep were at a stalemate. He came out and asked if he got it to the price I told the sales rep would we buy it, I said yes, we shook hands and we had a deal. I've had better experiences, but all in all I was happy. Car shopping/buying with a grumpy 2 year old isn't fun, but probably worked out in my favor. Congrats on the truck, mine isn't as fancy but I still smile when I drive it.

Actually it was a very pleasant experience! (mostly)

Now this standpoint is from the used sales part of the dealership.
When I went to them the first time, they mentioned the same thing regarding prices, that the internet price is the final price. I noticed other dealers around the area were similar with that. However, after looking around the area, they had the best price to features around. So I went back to them a second time, and the sales guy was awesome! We started to work out a deal with the truck I just posted Saturday. Well it turned into quite an ordeal. The truck I was planning on buying and picking up yesterday never arrived to the dealership, something to do with transit errors? So long story short, it was supposed to be here today and it still wasn't there. So at this point, I had made three long trips to the dealership and was about ready to give up and try another dealer but the manager decided since I went through all that trouble, he wrote up a new deal. He got me in a better optioned RAM 1500, this time with the full crew cab instead of a quad cab, discounting it to the price of the original that I came for, gave me the entire payoff amount for my Canyon that I was trading in plus some (yay no negative equity!), and threw in a 7 year, 100k mile bumper to bumper warranty! So needless to say, while it started out as a headache, it was well worth it in the end and I ended up with a way better deal! Overall, I'd go back again and it feels good to have that nice shiny RAM sitting in my driveway!

TL;DR - Used dealership sales guys were friendly, not pushy at all. Dealership screwed up the delivery of the truck I was supposed to get and ended up going above and beyond to resolve it to my benefit! Now I have the truck home with me in my driveway and I would definitely would buy from them again! :)

So for the thread, update, as per discussion above, I have a better RAM! Unfortunately there is no listing online to show you and it's too late to take pictures but I will try and have some uploaded tomorrow :)

OP
OP
mhedden94

mhedden94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I finally had a moment to take some photo's :) Pictures aren't the best quality and it was late in the day but here you go!

Attachments

• Drivers Side.jpg
    Drivers Side.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Interior 2.jpg
    Interior 2.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Passenger Side.jpg
    Passenger Side.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 34

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks really nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
mhedden94

mhedden94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Now time for me to browse the forums for upgrades/mods. I'm sure my wife and wallet will love me...not. First order of business will be side steps though, because I feel like I have to get a running start to get in :Big Laugh: