Lost my fob this weekend - Stuck 3 hours from home

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Always my worst nightmare. When we travel I have the main set and the spare set is always either in my wifes purse or in the camper. Learned that lesson once and it stuck.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Indeedy, I always put a spare one under the driver side rocker panel area, ooops did I just say that?:roflsquared:

Airborne63

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any road trip or weekend getaway I always take my two FOBs. I keep on in each front pocket. The first road trip I gave my wife one and the other in my pocket. She put it in her purse. The problem with that is she will leave her purse in the truck when we run into the Convienence store for a soda or snack and the truck will not lock since her fob is in the cab. When I get to my destination I always leave the second fob in the room or cabin we stay in. Losing a fob on a trip is my biggest fear.

Wrap the fob that your wife carries in her purse with aluminum foil. This way the truck will not know it is locked inside. If you lose yours all you need to do is get inside, uconnect is great for unlocking the truck.

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
Wait, the truck will not lock if there is a fob inside the cab? I'm guessing this is for the idiots (we all have done it) that lock their keys in the truck?

Mine will not lock with the key fob in it if I try to push the door handle button to lock it from the outside. I'm sure my truck isn't special in that way.