Love my new dealership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fyredude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck had to go in for a recall. The dealership I had been going to had pissed me off 1 too many time. Wasn't happy with there lack of professionalism.
Every time I had my truck is for servicing, the day after I picked it up I'd get a call for one of there salesman indicating I was just in for service and that I had low km's and do you want to up grade. It was ******* me off, I even yelled at the salesman to stop calling me.

So I tried a different dealership.
When I took my truck in for the recall, I showed the service adviser that the drivers map light in the overhead console was very dim and flickering.

I was advised that my basic warranty had expired just over a month ago and my extended warranty would not cover the light because it was part of the trim piece. It was $400 plus labor to repair. I politely declined getting it fixed.

About 10 minutes later the service adviser call me back saying she had discussed it with the service manager, and because it was just over a month since my factory 3yr warranty had expired and was under the 60,000km and they had the trim piece in stock, they were going to fix my light as a one time good will thing at no cost to me.
I was very happy and thanked the service department for going above and beyond what was expected of them. They could of just let it go, and not fixed it.

Going to take all my business to them!:favorites13:

patchelect

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alway good to hear this type of story. Glad you are happy with your "new" dealership! That is such an important part of owning a vehicle but too many of them fail to grasp the right way to handle us.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I feel these way about of a lot of retail stores or experiences in general- And the smart ones know that once they do right by someone they typically get them for life - and that quality of what they did gets spread by word of mouth or social media-

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I went through 3 dealerships prior to finding a good one ....I only go for warranty or recalls , but at least I found a good one

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome story. Glad they took care of you by going above and beyond!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Good to hear stories like this. No one cares to share the good, always the bad. So when looking on forums, that is all you see.. the bad.

Thanks for sharing!

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Glad to hear they took good care of you, too often all you hear is negative.

Have you thought of firing off an email to the GM of the dealership to give kudos to the service writer? Positive feedback always looks good to the bosses.

OP
OP
F

Fyredude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've already sent the advise a message thanking her, and it was also sent to the dealer ship.