Love this truck. Hate this FOB !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dear FCA, Love my truck. Love my keyless entry. Hate my fob. The panic/alarm button is so easy to set off in your pocket with just the slightest pressure. Perhaps recessing the button a bit on the next model year? Thank you FCA, your loyal MOPAR fan.

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've never had that issue with mine.
But it must be annoying tho

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Do you wear skin tight leather pants? :roflsquared:

I wear Wrangler jeans, so they aren't that loose, and the only time I accidentally hit buttons in the pocket is occasionally when I am working and have to throw my hip into something or use it for support (for extra leverage or extra push or whatever). It helps if you store nothing else in the same pocket as the keys.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hit my button in my pocket all the time. I have even hit auto start by mistake. It's annoying. I usually keep my keys out of my pocket when I am home.

Red-R/T

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did it while in the gym. A friend came in and told me my truck was going crazy in the parking lot.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I've done it before. Thing is, I have a train horn wired up to the factory horn, so..it's crazy loud when the alarm goes off, lol.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I've done it twice and no I don't wear skinny jeans.. haha

The one time I was knelling down to pick up a box in front of my truck. Yeah that scared the **** outa me. hahaha

sriley531

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just this morning it happened to me for the first time. I was squatted down doing something g and heard my truck honk and fire up in the garage. My other keys must have been laying just right in my pocket to hit the remote start. And no, I wasn't wearing tight leather pants! (I much prefer leather assless chaps.... )

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
See, this is why I stopped wearing pants :naughty:

But yeah, it's happened a few times. Mostly when I've been rolling around underneath with them in my pocket or coveralls. Half the time the damn thing won't work when I want it to!

Dirtbikekid1998

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 1500 Laramie Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Engine
hemi 5.7
It happens to me all the time... It goes off in my pocket at least once a week... Its so annoying because its only the panic button that gets hit.

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did that all the time with my Infiniti fob. Cut out the rubber button between the electric board and the external button and never had the problem again.

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Happened to me at work yesterday - lifting a 60 pound box off of a tall pallet, corner of the box hit my key through the denim in my pants and 10 seconds later, a coworker calls me over the walkie-talkie and tells me my alarm is going off - I was over 300 feet away when I hit the button to turn it on, but I had to be within 20 feet to shut it off....

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't think I hit i ever panic button by accident after 4+ years of ownership.

I did use it a couple of times to scare the kids off my truck. It was my kids so it was ok..lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Royals

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Same happens to me all the time when I'm doing ladder work

GreenClassic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've set my panic alarm off at least 3 times in the past 11 months. Those 3 times I was near it and shut it off by hitting the panic button again. And no skinny pants for me, lol.

Will the panic alarm stop going off on its own eventually or do you have to hit the button again to shut it off?

J Rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't have much trouble with the panic button but I do accidentally hit the lock/unlock button all the time and I've hit the auto start button a few times as well. In fact, just a few weeks ago my coworker came back from lunch and asked me why my truck was running in the parking lot. I couldn't even remember when I might have bumped it, thank God he went out for lunch that day or it may have run for another 3-4 hours until I left. I was thinking about buying one of these cheap silicone covers off of ebay and then cutting out the center section. Might provide a little extra thickness on the outer edges to prevent the inner buttons from getting pushed so easily.

s-l1600.jpg

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
i didn't get a FOB. my truck wasn't cool enough. I hate that there is no key lock on the 2 back doors. So I have to unlock the front door and open it and hit the unlock to get into the back.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I don't have much trouble with the panic button but I do accidentally hit the lock/unlock button all the time and I've hit the auto start button a few times as well. In fact, just a few weeks ago my coworker came back from lunch and asked me why my truck was running in the parking lot. I couldn't even remember when I might have bumped it, thank God he went out for lunch that day or it may have run for another 3-4 hours until I left. I was thinking about buying one of these cheap silicone covers off of ebay and then cutting out the center section. Might provide a little extra thickness on the outer edges to prevent the inner buttons from getting pushed so easily.

s-l1600.jpg

I always thought those thing will turn off the truck automatically after 10-15 min if you dont put the key in the ignition?

GP4L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Maybe give a lanyard a try?

I wear a lanyard around my neck with my FOB attached, and tuck it between my shirts (when I wear an undershirt). Been doing this since key-less FOB's became a regular thing. I like worrying less about losing a FOB from it falling out of my pocket, or getting pick-pocketed. And I've never accidentally hit any of the buttons. And leaves more available pocket space for other things. My .02