Maintenance Records

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irrivirsible

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When trading, the dealership never asks me for maintenance recorrds, in fact I have asked them the last couple of times if they wanted them and they said no.
I guess if you old private party they would probably matter more.

jotin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Private party matters more. The dealer will look it over, check dealership warranty history and that's even a maybe. It usually isn't anything that will benefit the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Traded a 2012 Titan on my Ram and they asked if I had the records. I didn't but I keep all paperwork on the Ram.

CherryRed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Probably depends on what the dealer plans to do with your trade. Some will wholesale the trade. If the trade is a real clunker it would likely go to auction. Real clean, low mileage trade-ins may get run through the dealer's service department for any needed maintenance and repair work then put on their used car lot.

wrench04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Records are good to keep for yourself, you may need them for warranty if you have issues. Also good for private resale, other than that, the dealers don't care much...

tncruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
for the most part dealer does not want any communication between potential customer and previous owner to much money involved between trade in value and retail both sides will feel screwed
brianj

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
as others have said, dealers don't care.
they ask you if you have them BUT don't care to see them.
I am one who keeos everything, including after market paper work, state inspection reports and all.
I even take it all in when I am ready to trade, and all they say is, we don't want it.
if I am buying used I would want to see all that stuff.

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
But isn't all the dealer work and state inspections and fees in Carfax?

jdeere05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Maintenance records helped me when i traded my 2012 in and i also had a minor wreck and the car fax came up on it they wanted to give me alot less due to car fax saying it was in an accident i told them it scratched hood light and grill and dented front bumper. I took in all the pics and paperwork from my other dodge dealership proving that i wasnt lying and we were then able to get what i originally asked for

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When trading, the dealership never asks me for maintenance recorrds, in fact I have asked them the last couple of times if they wanted them and they said no.
I guess if you old private party they would probably matter more.
Exactly. Im always fussing in keeping all paperwork for the next owner but then they don't even hardly ask for the second keys either lol.

Sent from my SM-G928T