Mechanical issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jbutcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Service 4wd light and a light to the right that looks like traction control is on . Because of this i have to press the brake pedal in order to shift from park . The cruise won't work either while the light is on which is 99 percent of the time. 4wd high still works but not in low. Any ideas of what it may be would be appreciated. The dealer is a last resort cause i like to fix my own . 2012 ram 1500 5.7

monteholic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
get a scanner and read the codes first

you will always need to apply the breaks to shift from park- it's a safety feature

OP
OP
J

Jbutcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That i understand but the brake needs to be pushed before i start the truck or i can't shift it

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If the warning lights are on, there are trouble codes in the system. Without checking those, everything will just be a guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Like already mentioned above, get a scan tool to read the codes stored in the ECM. If you don't have one or don't want to buy one, go to your local auto parts store. They wI'll usually check codes for free

OP
OP
J

Jbutcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok thank you both i will at a parts store tomorrow and let everyone know what it says . I would have before but i didnt think their scanners would read a 4wd code.