The Mod Bug....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Never ever think about what you spend... Just think how happy you are with the fact that you spent it.

I bolted on my Class IV hitch yesterday, Windows are Tinted. Vent Visors and Exhaust in the mail...

I agree, It can be depressing sometimes. But I got a ton of compl,iments today on the minor mods I did, and Im happy. Cant wait til I tackle the big'ons....

Last edited:

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree, It can be depressing sometimes. But I got a ton of compl,iments today on the minor mods I did, and Im happy. Cant wait til I tackle the big'on;s....

Your screen name makes me think of an old Outkast song...
Are you that some mother f*cker that took those nuckles to my eye? Haha!

Mods are awesome. I love when someone with a stock truck is walking around mine looking at things and nodding.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
My wife wants me to stop modding and save to get something newer/nicer. She doesn't get the concept of "why buy new when used will do". She grew up where if something broke they just went and bought a new one.

I am now the owner of a 10x20 shelter/garage because of that, father in law had 1 bent pole and didn't want it anymore. its heavy duty one too. 3" pipe thicker plastic whatever walls.

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Your screen name makes me think of an old Outkast song...
Are you that some mother f*cker that took those nuckles to my eye? Haha!

Mods are awesome. I love when someone with a stock truck is walking around mine looking at things and nodding.
I grew up listening to Outkast. And I always liked Big Boi's swag.

My wife wants me to stop modding and save to get something newer/nicer. She doesn't get the concept of "why buy new when used will do".
Sounds like my neighbors wife. He has an old 4Runner, and wants to upgrade the sound system. I told him Id help him in his search at the local flea market. She got upset and said itsa waste of money to do anything to the truck. Meanwhile she drives a 2010 BMW 3 series.... :Wedgie:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Mod my bug its going to be liking the sound of things here in a little bit

OP
OP
scoose

scoose

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 1500 sold, 2011 1500 5.7 sport sold, 2016 6.7 2500 4x4 sold, 2014 2500 5.7
Engine
I have to admit, though, fellas if it wasnt for the wife I would have a killer ass truck right now but NOTHING in the bank :)

But sometimes she's just too damn STINGY!!!!!!!!!!! :crazy:

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have to admit, though, fellas if it wasnt for the wife I would have a killer ass truck right now but NOTHING in the bank :)

But sometimes she's just too damn STINGY!!!!!!!!!!! :crazy:

You speak for all of us. Tax returns would be spent before the check hit the account....

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
mods are fun though.....you get pride in doing something to make the truck yours

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
mods are fun though.....you get pride in doing something to make the truck yours

Couldn't agree more! I'm going to debadge the doors today. I'm considering moving the HEMI badge down to just above the rocker panel line on the door. We'll see.

I might just get some custom HEMI badges made up. Maybe even a strobe style sticker for the rockers in a reflective silver (close to the wheel color).

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
that might be cool with the hemi badge where you are talking about.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
YOu guys go about this all wrong.... See I have my mod funds, it is in a seperate bank from where our joint account is and where my savings account is, the money is direct deposited into it, and I have been using it before I met my wife. She does not have access to it at this point in time (one day she will), she does not know how much is in it, or how much gets taken out of my check and put in it because she never sees it. Secretive yes I know, however, this allowes me to buy something without "asking for permission", makes buying christmas, birthday, anniversary presents much easier, and she cant complain about me buying something based on it taking away funds from us doing something else.

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
YOu guys go about this all wrong.... See I have my mod funds, it is in a seperate bank from where our joint account is and where my savings account is, the money is direct deposited into it, and I have been using it before I met my wife. She does not have access to it at this point in time (one day she will), she does not know how much is in it, or how much gets taken out of my check and put in it because she never sees it. Secretive yes I know, however, this allowes me to buy something without "asking for permission", makes buying christmas, birthday, anniversary presents much easier, and she cant complain about me buying something based on it taking away funds from us doing something else.

Were in the same boat... Except when my account runs low, I hit up the joint account. :killer:

OP
OP
scoose

scoose

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 1500 sold, 2011 1500 5.7 sport sold, 2016 6.7 2500 4x4 sold, 2014 2500 5.7
Engine
You speak for all of us. Tax returns would be spent before the check hit the account....

Hell ya!! Damn I wasnt even thinking about the possible tax return in Feb/Mar. Wonder if I can slip some money passed the warden... :naughty:

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
****, I left another Dodge forum for a mini bike one... Who knew you could mod a mini bike to do over 70mph.