Models Galore

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paton.h

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Could someone please explain the key differences between all the models of the ram? Looked at the website and WOW! Holy crap there is a **** ton lol..anything from the tradesman, express, slt, lone star, big horn, sport, outdoorsman, laramine, rebel, & limited.

Seems pretty ridiculous to have so many models and what could possibly be different between them all?

Any responses would be appreciated..
Thanks

:favorites13::favorites13:

GreenClassic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Tradesman is base model.

Express is an appearance package of the Tradesman (body-color bumpers with fog lights and 20 inch rims).

SLT has upgraded interior, chrome bumpers, with nicer door panels and "premium cloth" seats.

Big Horn is an SLT with fog lights, 20 inch chrome-clad rims, and available with more options to tick.

Lone Star is a Big Horn for the Texas market.

Outdoorsman is a Big Horn available with two-tone paint (black bottom color) or chrome bumpers (but body-color grille). Some options available on the Big Horn are standard on the Outdoorsman.

Sport has body-color bumpers and fog lights. Black projector headlights and LED taillights. Further upgraded interior panels including leather armrests and dashboard. Black cloth seats or optional black leather seats. A lot of options available.

Laramie is available with 2-tone paint (silver bottom color) and chrome bumpers. Chrome projector headlights and LED taillights with chrome ring. It has leather seats, door panel armrests and dashboard. Memory seats and electric adjust pedals.

Longhorn is a Laramie with further upgraded leather seats. Available with 2-tone paint (gold bottom color) or chrome bumpers.

Limited is a Laramie with the premium leather seats. Either body-color bumpers (but chrome grille) or chrome bumpers. All options available on the Laramie are pretty much standard on the Limited.

Rebel is like the off-road version. Unique grille and front bumper. Bigger tires, small lift, and air suspension is standard.

Last edited:

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Very close.

The Laramie has chrome bumpers whether 2 tone or all one color.

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I bought my used 2014 it was listed as a Tradseman ST but had the Express package as listed above. Matching paint bumpers, 20 inch rims, and fog lights.

Can anyone explain that? Is the "ST" and upgraded tradesman model?

GreenClassic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Very close.

The Laramie has chrome bumpers whether 2 tone or all one color.

Thanks, I missed that last night. Fixed.

When I bought my used 2014 it was listed as a Tradseman ST but had the Express package as listed above. Matching paint bumpers, 20 inch rims, and fog lights.

Can anyone explain that? Is the "ST" and upgraded tradesman model?

Several years ago, the Tradesman was marketed as an ST. I think the term Tradesman came in either 2013 or 2014. So Tradesman and ST are the same thing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
paton.h

paton.h

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Lol..we could make a thread like that :naughty: but thank you GreenClassic. Although I have a 2010 ST.."tradesman" but it has chrome bumpers so it's changed over the years. Really wish I had the Sport tho. Really like the LEDs, projector headlights, larger rims than my 16's, and the matching bumpers..

GreenClassic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Lol..we could make a thread like that :naughty: but thank you GreenClassic. Although I have a 2010 ST.."tradesman" but it has chrome bumpers so it's changed over the years. Really wish I had the Sport tho. Really like the LEDs, projector headlights, larger rims than my 16's, and the matching bumpers..

You can get still get chrome bumpers on a new Tradesman. It's one of the few options available for the Tradesman.

Greenclassic, if that was off the top of your noggin that's impressive.
Damn! Greenclassic knows his Rams! :favorites13:

I bet you most "trained" Ram sales people couldn't give you that run down...

Thanks, lol. That's what I get for over 2 years of doing research while waiting to buy my truck. I also know a lot about the different trims of Jeep Cherokees (my previous vehicle).