Mods. Voiding warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rypkr937

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB black edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
While we're on the topic of voiding warranties... obviously I know that a tune would void an engine problem (and potentially even a drivetrain issue), but can you remove it prior to bringing the truck in and be safe?

I know on my mustang that even if I remove the tune, they can still see that it was previously flashed and I'll still be voided. Are the RAM's the same way?

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
some dealers are ok with mods, it really depends on the dealership you go to!

guzzel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'm going to be buying my new truck soon. Does anyone know what the policy is on making modifications while under warranty. What can and can't I do? I'm wanting to ad a leveling kit to it. Just wondering if I'm going to run into any issues. Thanks.

Read the fine print.

jon0m0berry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
legally speaking no mods will void a warranty. ive looked this up extensively and found the actual law. a dealership can not void your warranty from an aftermarket part...unless they can prove its what caused the problem. so lets say you put on headers and your brakes fail, unless they can prove the headers caused the problem its still under warranty. ive read an article that some one supercharged there challenger and something small broke, naturally the dealer said they weren't going to fix it. he found the law saying they need prove it caused his breakdown, and because they couldn't...they had to fix his car under warranty. but still, ide recommend doing things you can reverse pretty easy, an intake can be changed back in an hour or so, and the dealership wont know. the only thing you can do that you can change back to stock but they will still know is a tune. a dealership will find that as long as they know what they are looking for, and because they change almost everything about the car its easy for them to void warranty from them.